PPOR Acreage in Perth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by D.K, 31st Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. D.K

D.K Well-Known Member

Looking to purchase some acreage in Perth as a PPOR. Any thoughts on where i may achieve the best long term growth as well with consideration to lifestyle and amenities. Finding it very difficult to find anything suitable within 45 mins of the CBD.

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Probably Swan Valley if you want potential growth, lifestyle and amenities.

As an alternative, anything around Canning Mills, Roleystone or Karragullen?

Redwing likes this.
  3. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Swan Valley if you can afford it. Magnificent area so close.

4. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Plenty of options but your budget will dictate your options!

Ross Forrester likes this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'd agree with the Swan Valley but don't go hoping for something that might turn into a land estate one day unless you are very very careful about where you buy as there are some very tight rules on certain areas never being developable (is there such a word??) to protect the viticulture of the area.

Lifestyle and amenity is great in the Valley. Low fire risk unlike most of the darling scarp.

However I'm guessing your budget might not stretch to the Valley or you'd have bought there already :p

What sort of amenities do you need? Schools, shops???

Check out Jane Brook, Belhus, Upper Swan, Gnangara (though it's only 2.5 acre blocks that way)

With Jane Brook if you buy into the Highland Ridge estate you'll even get NBN :p Lot 2230 Litchfield Prom Jane Brook WA 6056 - Residential Land for Sale #201566282 - realestate.com.au

Ross Forrester and Redwing like this.
  6. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Jandabup.

East Wanneroo structure plan underway now after 17 years. Hocking basically pushing East to Landsdale now. All going deferred urban.

Mariginiup.

The push NE is BIG. Very big. Even Dept Housing developing out that way. Structure plans on their way.

JL1, Perthguy and Westminster like this.
  7. D.K

D.K Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. To be honest i havent been looking in many of those areas at all. I will check them out. Ive been looking around the Kalamunda Mundaring areas. Any thoughts ?

8. Ems

Ems Well-Known Member

We live in Mount Helena (5 minutes from Mundaring) Absolutely love it up here. We are on half an acre. Depending on the size - 5 acres your looking at at least $400,000 and upwards.

JL1 and bob shovel like this.
  9. Westminster

It's a nice area but I don't know much about acreage in the area. I ruled the area out for us as I'm too worried about fire risk. I didn't want a bush block - I love trees but I don't want a whole block of bush with a area cut out for a house. We ended up with not enough trees on the site we ended up with but we are adding them in.

Gidgegannup might just make it into the 45 mins from city and is nice.
    What's your budget?

Ross Forrester likes this.
  10. Renorookie

Renorookie Member

Some more options - I'm on 5 acres in Wandi just south of Perth, there's also Banjup nearby. Both close to the Cockburn Central area and 30 min from the city. There's a mixture of bush and cleared blocks around here.

As Westminster said, look in to the conditions on the blocks, some have building envelopes/clearing restrictions, some don't.

Westminster likes this.
  11. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I was going to post similar reccs, my brothers in laws are moving here from living on 40 acres in Bendigo and we just bought in this area, settles tomorrow actually!

I'm planning on spending a fair bit of time getting to know the nuances of the area and how to maximise it, might live there for a month or so and have already spent about 20 hours researching here and lots more on rural residential/special rural with potential to be rezined within 15/20 years, personally i believe it's a fine art getting all necessary decisions correct because the difference between the perfect purchase in the area and a merely good one is potentially well over a million dollars and up to 10 years in terms of length of time to payout

Westminster and Renorookie like this.
  12. Westminster

Be prepared of course to spend a lot of time maintaining the acreage. It doesn't actually look after itself. The August rains have been wonderful for weed/canola/grass/lupin growth. I seem to have a mixture of every self seeding plant in the area growing :)

IMG_6473.JPG

13. D.K

D.K Well-Known Member

great advice, ive been thinking about how much work and what type of gear will be required. Exciting for me. I might be mad but i enjoy being outside and working

14. Westminster

I find it very relaxing going round and round and round - it's like a Japanese zen garden :p
    My workload varies but as I'm not quite living there yet I tend to do larger chunks spaced out rather than a bit each week. It takes me around an hour to mow 2 acres so it's not overly arduous and I try and mow a 1/3 of the block rotationally so it's not all 10 acres at once. But my block doesn't grow evenly and if I go away the routine gets out of kilter and this week the whole place needs slashing so I'll be there for 2 days with breaks to do some work

15. Westminster

I didn't think of that area. There is also land out between Southern River and Armidale along Ranford Rd

Renorookie likes this.