Power Dome Location

Discussion in 'Development' started by Big Daddy, 9th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Hi
    The Surveyor has suggested Lot 1 for the dedicated power dome and not on the common property driveway so I am guessing I need to register an easement. He is asking if we prefer an alternative location so I could move it onto the CP driveway truncation but i am guessing that it may affect construction or vehicle manoeuvrability. What is the best practise?
    Dome.png

Last edited: 9th Jan, 2017
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

3. SamK

SamK Active Member

Hi,
    You wont need an easement for the rear lot to access the dome. You would only need an easement for the transmission of underground power if it was located at the front right hand side and crossed over the front lot. You are allowed to tap into a neighbours dome like this.
    If your concerned Western Power will confirm this over the phone but I have never seen them ask for an easement in a case like this, its very common.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I don't think you'll need an easement either though you won't be able to build within I think 1m of it so it may affect walls if you were going to wall off the front courtyard or anything.
    Also Western Power may decide to put it close to where the existing power pole is even if you point out where you want it - they can be ***** like that - and then quote you an obscene amount for you to put it somewhere else.

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Where are the water meters going? Sometimes you can group the dome with that.

6. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

1m square easement around this.

This is the shortest run to the rear lot for the dome, and likely the safeset position. You could always place it inside the truncation section of the driveway itself, therefore by building a fence around it you maintain your 1.5m visual truncation.

Does the dome HAVE to be within the street front lot?

7. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

No. Surveyor asked me where I would like it. No plans for a street front fence so I'm confused where to put it. No idea about water meters . I'll ask builder