Poverty is a State of Mind - Do you Agree?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by MTR, 30th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I like Filipinos too. Generally nice people :).
    Ps. I love their accent!

2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

They might not make the same jobs but there are other jobs they can get with the right mindset. They can get off their arse and move to where there are jobs going begging, knock on doors, ask in pubs, put ads on papers, pick up hand piece if necessary. They is always some-one looking for decent workers. I don't know why any-one would stay in ****** houso units in a ****** city in land where their is opportunity for anybody prepared to go after it, other than their mindset.

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Some of my staff are Filipiono. Great workers, genuinely caring of others. I agree with what you're saying.

I have noticed that some clients do treat them slightly differently though. Certainly not all clients and it is usually very hard to spot, bit it is there and it is a disadvantage for them.

Your own comment that customers preferred the attitude of Filipinos to that of Indians kind of proves my point. Overall I don't believe that Australians are racist and as a society I think we try hard to avoid it, but we still don't treat everyone 100% equally.

4. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

+1!

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.