Potential tennant - opinion

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by gach2, 22nd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

I agree. When I first moved to Australia I had no references, job or anything. I had always owned my own home and had my own business so couldn't supply any of the paperwork they wanted for me to rent a property. Had to really use my persuasive powers to get an agent to let me a house basically looked them in the eye and asked them to trust me and that I wouldn't let them down, I didn't and rented the same house for a couple of years till I could put down deposit and buy my own home again. Good luck hope you find something.

2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

T
    There you go making assumptions again.

Samten likes this.
  3. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Yea got a lot of friends who have had trouble getting their first rental through agent so ended up house sharing and then got a rental a year or so later

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

If everything checks out, it should not be a problem for you, I would be explaining the cash if from my regular job (your not a drug dealer etc) and other concern may be that you will sub let. If you can show a payment history on something else, like property or bills, that should be enough.

5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah right, well there you go.
    Is it voluntary unpaid leave, do you have a date for going back to work? Can you stay with friends/relos and get a reference from them?

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.