Potential first home-buyer from WA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anonymous, 3rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I'm a potential first home buyer in WA and I'm just here to read and ask a few questions about the process. I want a nice place to live while reducing the risk I'll somehow get a dud or lose everything I own.

I'm not a property investor though I'd like to believe some good ones exist, renovating dumps and making an ethical return on investment.

On the other hand I'm tired of seeing obviously subdivided 250sqm hovels with paper thin shared walls and every possible corner shaved and a high price tag. I really don't like that and I feel it's unethical.

Last edited: 3rd Feb, 2016
    Perthguy likes this.
  2. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Houses generally sell for market price (an agreed price between a willing buyer and seller), ethics don't really enter into it.
    What type of place are you looking for?

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

There are unethical people in all industries, but there are great people within them too - you'll soon figure out who's who. Read, learn, and ask lots of questions. :)

You won't lose everything you own if you think about it carefully without rushing in - do a budget, see what you can afford (even if rates go up), and make sure you have a savings buffer for emergencies.

Most people who lose the lot have done something foolish, like not insured for eg.