Potential Development Site - QLD?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Booming Sunnyvale, 21st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Booming Sunnyvale

Booming Sunnyvale Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I am looking at a property for sale in Brisbane/Ipswich , it is approx. 1200 sqm regular shaped block. 1 kilometre from the train station and shopping centre, low density zoned but the neighbours behind the property are medium density, the property is is on the absolute border of low density and medium density, which makes me think a few years down the road, could be in luck for some re-zoning. Main question, does anyone know if there is a register for looking up QLD easements and covenants without having to figure out how to sort a title search out? Council is Ipswich City Council. Has anyone else bought into something in QLD they have tipped for re-zoning and knows the issues to look out for that can hinder development potential? I have never tried buying anything similar to this type of investment.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

The simple way is just ring up the ICC and talk too the town planning department the first 15 minutes are free depending on how you talk,or go into their webpage..

4. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

if you PM me the address I will have a quick look for you.

5. Booming Sunnyvale

Booming Sunnyvale Well-Known Member

PM'd :)

6. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

Had a quick look but was hoping you were on the Brisbane side, then I could have easily helped.

It is probably better from a planning perspective that you are in Ipswich as they way more flexible.

You might be able to argue transition from medium to low residential.

If you were to sketch up something rough then you could shoot across to ICC for some feedback without us.

Otherwise, Brett can help for a token fee on that one, unfortunately I am just not across ICC's tolerance levels at present.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia