NSW Potential bargain here

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gockie, 22nd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yada yada yada... Sydney may drop... BUT I think this is a severely underpriced home by an out of area agent unless something is really wrong with the land. (Would have to check the noise and steepness). Most people would knock down the existing house and that looks pretty easy to do at first sight. (Edit: Probably bush fire prone too)

17 Harper St North Epping NSW 2121 17 Harper St North Epping NSW 2121 - House for Sale #121732686 - realestate.com.au

Anyway... if you are interested please do your own due diligence...

2. neK

neK Well-Known Member

3. Gockie

That is heritage listed? Good grief! I usually like heritage listed properties... not that one so much.
    But the killer is the transmission lines.

Ps. I used to play tennis at Cowell's Lane courts just next door as a junior... I was coached by Mr. Tang and his son Kim... :)

4. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

It would be a shame if some of these heritage listed houses became consumed by an electrical fire ;)

re; epping house - cheap but most of the oddly shaped block is consumed by dense forest which looks to slope heavily towards the M2. Cost of knockdown, rebuild, landscape would bring it not too far, if not more than some much nicer located homes recently sold in North Epping imo

I would have much preferred this for a couple hundred k more. Nicer location, more usable block and livable house that can be renoed to perfection for a fraction of a new house. Also includes a highly prized no.8 for the area :)

Sold Price for 8 Grayson Road North Epping NSW 2121

Last edited: 22nd Feb, 2016
  5. Gockie

Hi Simon, you are right. That's a solid buy. The vendors should have sold maybe earlier in the year, (or at least maybe not in December), styled it and it wasnt a 3/1/1 as per listing it was a 3/2/1 based on the floorplan. Someone wasn't paying enough attention.
    Ps. That's a very good location for the suburb - convenient to the buses, short trip to station. Easy bike ride (or longish walk, approx sub 20 minutes).
    New owner could render it... *tada*. Modern on the outside.

Simon L likes this.