QLD Post up new releases in Brisbane or near brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by FindingaGem, 7th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FindingaGem

FindingaGem Member

Hi All,

Please can you post the most promising new releases in Brisbane or near brisbane.

I am interested in a H+L package and want something would really be worth it.

2. Peninsula Property

Peninsula Property Well-Known Member

Promenade | House & Land Packages Rothwell | Stockland

In Moreton bay region, 5min to Westfield north lakes, 2min rail & local shops, under 10min from motorway (north n south), 35min from CBD. Bunnings, Costco ECT all close by. Typical Stockland development though. Smaller type blocks, with a mix of larger.

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

These 2 things are most times, mutually exclusive.

Skinman, Codie, Sackie and 3 others like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

H & L in Brissy AND a great deal?

200w.gif

Skinman, QldKoolies, Jana and 3 others like this.
  5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Don't buy H&L bundled- secure your land, engage your builder, make sure you're not incidentally paying someone $30,000 for having pointed you in the right direction.

What's the budget?

6. radioactive

radioactive Well-Known Member

@Tom Rivera
    I thought bundled ones sold by some builders like Aushomes is less of an headache and as builders can source better deals from developers.
    Assuming one can estimate the land price from recent sales and house price based on $/sqm basis and get a feel of valuation.

Last edited: 13th Oct, 2019
  7. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Your almost always paying a premium, call it a lazy $30-$50k for giving you a turn key home. developers also increase each release by $5-$10k and if your late to the party and buy on release 10 you could be paying $100k more than the first buyers in that area 18 months ago. Greenfield estates will settle once all land is sold and then true market value will start to show, based on buyers/sellers only and not developers & builders. Of course you still have the risk of another one opening up supply down the road.

Leeroy93, Rich2011 and Sackie like this.
  8. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

I guess you think Brisbane will replicate Melbourne, I hope you have done your DD

Rich2011 likes this.
  9. radioactive

radioactive Well-Known Member

Thanks @Codie .That was very insightful-true value shows up once the estate is settled based on demand and supply instead of builders controlling it in initial stage.
    Re-marketers
    Cant you ensure that you are not get overpriced stuff by checking the land value from recent sales and average build price/sqm basis.Additionally,if the bank valuations fall short,then you get to know the reality..isnt it.

Thanks

Codie likes this.
  10. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I would say you can’t ensure it, but you certainly can do things to swing it more in your favour. Sure you can do enough due diligence to make
    Sure your not “overpaying” but IMO you don’t buy an investment based on price, you buy something on value and potential, and if your buying in a greenfield estate and hoping to just stack up even on valuation your not getting any value, plus I strongly argue you have much potential. For the cost, 90% of the time, A much better located exisiting property is a better choice

Leeroy93 likes this.