NSW Post a Bargain Sydney 2019

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Alex123711, 21st Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Did you read the part where its 300sqm land with 134 sqm interior including garage and alfresco area?

Hetty likes this.
  2. Kid hustlr

Kid hustlr Well-Known Member

Agreed it's small and doesn't necessarily fit in with the surrounding suburbs, it just feels very cheap for a new home.

3. noahproperty

noahproperty New Member

I came across an article which reports about Sydney's property market turn. What is your take on the Sydney property market's sentiment? Is it finally the end of the downturn?

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Jun, 2019
    Arjun Paliwal likes this.
  4. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

There's alot of talk though about people not necessarily wanting massive blocks with massive houses. I think there could be some appeal from both downsizers and also those trying to get into a house. Not everyone wants a massive house to clean with a massive yard to take care of, if you have a family of 2-3 do you really need more space? Small yard means you can still have pets but don't need to spend all weekend maintaining or paying someone else to.

Kid hustlr likes this.
  5. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Yeah they keep saying that but bigger blocks constantly fetch premium dollars from developers, investors and owner occupiers.

6. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2019
    Tekoz likes this.
  7. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Tekoz likes this.
  8. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Not sure whether we've actually hit the bottom - but sentiment across Sydney has definitely improved. Clients who are looking for PPOR tell me the amount of people attending inspections on Saturday has significantly increased since the election.

Some very good discussions in this thread which may help you with further indicators:
    This Housing Downturn is Over

Cheers,
    David

9. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Yes, I told her it was worth $3.5 when she listed. Agent said list without a price and accept the best offer. First offer, first day, first to inspect was $2.8 and the new bf says let’s take it. Agent happy, purchaser happy, new bf happy, ex wife gets to rub it in my face that I was wrong with my valuation. Given that there has been a 15% drop in the area, I think my valuation was right.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  10. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Good finding @Alex, considering the proximity to the city CBD and the land size post-2017 boom.

Never heard about that suburb before, what makes you find in that area :rolleyes:?

11. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Finding the greatest bargain in the world doesnt mean anything if you dont buy it.

mitsui, ej89 and Tekoz like this.
  12. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Pretty much across the train line. 50m away really

Brickbybrick and Tekoz like this.
  13. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Can someone please post up a bargain ? I'm struggling to find any at the moment.

skater and Danyool like this.
  14. Hetty

Hetty Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will be a bargain, depends what it goes for. It was my pick of the many we looked at last weekend. Decent sized block, huge house. But it needs a lot of work and maybe with a building inspection it’d be a no go. I’d love to buy and do it up but we aren’t quite ready yet. Plus husband hates it lol. The photos are VERY flattering, it really is a mess. But I think blank canvas! 3 Saunders Road, Ermington, NSW 2115

15. Arjun Paliwal

Arjun Paliwal New Member

Hi Noah, I am the industry professional in that article and shared comments for Smart property Investment on my thoughts on market positioning. Thanks for taking the time to share/read it.

The article talks about signs to look for and not necessarily “an improvement”. Although, some signals have improved others have not (at the time of writing it). Buyer sentiment has improved, and some regions offer well placed buying windows. However, I wouldn’t call it “the end” but large pockets are transitioning to somewhat of a “stabilisation” whilst others continue the slide and a few pockets have heated up with buyer enquires/auction movements/ etc..

16. Oliver Shane

Oliver Shane Well-Known Member

Sales volumes are down 30% from historical numbers.... so many are waiting for prices to improve before selling..

This oversupply has to go somewhere...

If prices keep falling all that built up selling demand might get FONGO and could accelerate falls or the economy might recover and prices stabilise and we all celebrate Scomo and trump as economic saviours.

Time will tell :)

17. Oliver Shane

Oliver Shane Well-Known Member

Hi - what do you view as the reason for some suburbs stabilising while others continuing to slide?

Inner city vs outer suburbs etc? Interestingly houses have fallen more than units across Sydney to date (about 17% vs 15% down)

18. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Yields are sliding at the moment. Where is one buying for 4% to 5% in Sydney? No apartments please.

19. Harryta

Harryta New Member

you can't even get houses in Brisbane for 4% yield let alone Sydney.

20. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Of course you can- it depends on location, risk factor and budget but this took me 2 mins to find online 168 Richmond Road, Blacktown, NSW 2148

craigc and JohnPropChat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.