WA Post a Bargain - Perth

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by MTR, 17th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

I think if we were in the zone for either Applecross, Rossmoyne or Willeton my partner would be happy. It would also mean not having to relocate when children come onto the scene (still years away but keeping it in mind)
    Being absolutely realistic the 600k mark is probably close to our limit without having to sacrifice our current lifestyles too much. Id rather still spend closer to 500k. I do like Vahland Ave but it has little street appeal, the house is kind of down a drive so its not really visible from the street based on the street view on google. Also unsure as to the cost of demo and filling the pool when eventually replacing the house..
    Not too fussed on it being on a semi main road, i like the easy access onto both highways from there

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Demolition costs around $16-18k and they can probably handle the pool by chopping it until smaller bits if it has no value for reselling of it. I'd say all done for $20k inc pool

I wouldn't be expecting too much street appeal at the Vahland price bracket. All you can hope for is liveability especially if you plan to demolish down the track. No point paying for pretty now when all you want is location + price + land

Perthguy and Damo93 like this.
  3. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

Thats a lot cheaper than i was expecting! Im struggling to find any homes within those school zones for under 600k, doesnt seem to be too much stock on the market and as you said location, price and land is what im really after right now. I think i will set up an appointment to see what the home is like and go from there

4. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

5. Westminster

6. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

It has a driveway on the other side as well leading to a carport with a gate. Do you think its possible to knock it down to build a freestanding home or does the new home have to be attached to the existing neighboring home?

7. Westminster

The side for sale is the non corner side

You would need to demolish carefully and build a wall on boundary sufficient to hold up the neighbours garage. Other than that you can do freestanding on your side

Damo93 likes this.
  8. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Yep! Moved to Sydney when I was 6 and haven't moved back...yet. I lived in Willeton, Leeing and Winthrop in those 6 years...

{Note - thread continues here: WA - Post a Bargain - Perth 2018}

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Feb, 2018
    Westminster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.