WA Post a Bargain - Perth

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by MTR, 17th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasim

Sasim Well-Known Member

Congrats and great to see! We are in that EXACT pocket of "Scarb north". With so much for sale recently in the hood - fantastic fast result for you.

Going again? Is it yours starting a few houses down?

Problem for us is..... when you want to move Scarb South o_O

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Last edited: 21st May, 2017
  3. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

4. Cruskits

Cruskits Well-Known Member

@Westminster, thank you so much. So stoked with the outcome. It was so nice to know that if I needed I could call/message you and ask for your advice. You have been so open about your journey and I can't thank you enough. I STILL haven't sent you the drawings, if you are still keen to see them PM my your email address and I'll send them through ASAP. Thanks again!!!

5. Cruskits

Hi Aaron, nah I wish I could get those prices with a framed upstairs. Still to many people knocking the walls and stamping the floors. We are a bit backwards here in W.A. And nothing but brick will do... when I was looking at prices a couple of years ago you werelooking at mid 600,000's for frame build but you could build 3 for about 200,000 cheaper...

Yeah I thought you might, through that "funny colour" development dude. I've known TLP through friends since childhood. That didn't end well did it.... one of our mates is actually building his house through him and it has gone a bit pear shape. Not good at all

Aaron Sice likes this.
  6. Cruskits

PM me and I'll send them through...

7. Cruskits

Yes, they would work.

Yes different price point but the offset in building costs would almost make it level again...

MTR likes this.
  8. Cruskits

Kind of, 2 at the front and 1 at the back facing the lane...

Lacrim likes this.
  9. Cruskits

Hi Sasim,

Yeah we feel that we would have probable got around $50,000 more over the three (15,000 each) if we had more luck with the surrounding sales. We counted 21 houses (including our 3) up for sale on Northstead st at the same time we went to sale... it was unprecedented in all the years I have been looking. To the best of my knowledge all have sold except 2. And 1 of those has fallen through twice...

Nah that's not us but they got that for a great price 820,000. Was on the market for about 10 months... I had a chat to the builder and I asked him for a quote though. He got some AMAZING prices from a similar project in Doubleview. Shot ours out of the park and on a smaller block. Great finishes and design.

We love the uncool side of Scarborough (North) better primary schools, better access to the golden triangle of Scarborough beach, Karrinyup, Innaloo and Freeway, train line access. However if I worked in the city I would rather live Southside of Scarborough. The one bummer with the North is if someone built an apartment block next door to you, but with planning changes it would be pretty rare for that to happen now.

If you ever want to catch up for a beer at the Scarborough Sporties or a coffee at Little Sistos and talk property PM us....

Sasim and Perthguy like this.
  10. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

You're forgetting the most important thing...it's close to Karrinyup South.

Sasim likes this.
  11. Cruskits

We have meetings on the first Thursday of every month... the secret password is "Gamble".... you have to live North of Newborough and South of Karrinyup road to attend. He checks. I've now been found out. Bugger

sanj, Sasim, Perthguy and 1 other person like this.
  12. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

I think if it's framed it has to BE different because it IS different. That's the only way the market accepts it.

Funny colours aside, I did work with Niffa (your agent) about 10 years ago prior to all of that.

But yes, a lot of people left up in the air now.

13. Sasim

Sasim Well-Known Member

Still a really great result. Selling so fast...bird in the hand etc. As you know from this street alone, could hold on and a sale fall over or over price it and have it on the market for AGES!
    It is a crazy little street isn't it - one goes on the market...then bam...nekminnut ...there are 20 on the market. I have seen this happen twice in the last few years. A couple of other people on the street I know are looking to sell and haven't listed yet...

Damn.... I am just meters outside of the exclusive North Scarb/ South Karri boom zone. Here I was thinking I was in the cool kids club and I am sitting just outside of it. Feel like our house price has just declined.:confused:

Will PM you - ANY excuse for a Little Sisto coffee - I am in! :)

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Beachsnow

Beachsnow Well-Known Member

@Cruskits Congrats on the sale, must be a relief! Do you mind me asking who you built through?

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This is one of the properties that my g/friend sold OTP, and what I believe is very much in demand in current Perth market. High spec, well designed, good location/close to CBD. Cashed up baby boomers I believe will buy these any day of the week if it ticks the boxes

As a developer if you can source the land and build the right product, in the right location I believe there is money to be made.

I would buy one of these any day of the week, but I am not ready to sell my primary home, I still have a kidlett at home

13 Barlee Street Mount Lawley WA 6050 - House for Sale #125253550 - realestate.com.au

JL1 and Sasim like this.
  16. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Love that layout and the skylights too!

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yrs, lots of light

18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I love that project. I'm not so sure about one of the elevations but the layout is great and will do well in the area.
    I know a ground floor master is a selling feature in a lot of the area but I think I would have added an ensuite to Bed 4 as well so that it could be used as a nice upstairs master with the upstairs lounge and roof terrace - would have made an awesome parent's zone.

Perthguy, MTR and LifesGood like this.
  19. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

Hi Marisa @MTR
    Is this your friends company or did they rip off the picture?
    Individual Developments

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

JL1 likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.