WA Post a Bargain - Perth 2020

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Bprince, 2nd Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Patrico1966

Patrico1966 Well-Known Member

Both suburbs are on a par but Gosnells has more amenities and the council is located there as well and plenty of shops , the Albany highway does basically run through Gosnells and I believe the town centre is going to be upgraded by the end of the this year

2. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

I dont know the area very well but figures have appeared to add up occasionally. I would think you would need to know the area well to buy an IP there. @JohnPropChat knows the area better than I do.

3. Peter gavalas

Peter gavalas Well-Known Member

the prices are a lot closer these days, but also depends on the block size and location. some people who live in Kensington will say it's better.

4. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

Of course they would.......:rolleyes:

5. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Middle ring suburb - same as Gosnells
    Large OO population - Gosnells has way too much investor activity
    Largely family home stock unlike Gosnells style villa developments and it's large amounts of land supply
    Yields are better
    Low vacancy rates
    Borders Southern River, Canning Vale and Thornlie without the price premium.

It is next to Gosnells but separated by the river and greens along the border.

I helped a friend buy there and he is doing quite well. Overall, a good option for suburbs over there.

Facundo likes this.
  6. Diversified

Diversified Member

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-mount+pleasant-134741686
    I wouldn't call this a bargain as it seems about par for land value. It could be said the building is cheap but may just reflect the somewhat odd design, fact it is a 2x1, survey strata and next to R40 commercial property and currently only renting for $360! Be interested in what others think about the value of this property.

7. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

You will have a very busy neigbhour as it was a commercial establishment. No subdivision or redevelopment potential. It is also the lowest point of the road. The only good thing is it's close to the shop but I thought the supermarket in the apartment block is closed. The japanese food restaurant was reasonable though.

I would think this is better: https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-wa-mount+pleasant-133896134

Last edited: 30th Nov, 2020
    Diversified likes this.
  8. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

no comment on location, pricing or viability of doing a renovation but if you removed all the mess thats a pretty straight forward job
    outside is good, roof looks good, internal walls look good

9. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

Probably an ex drug house and requires an illicit drug residue remediation.

spoon likes this.
  10. Diversified

Diversified Member

11. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

It is a busy street but its 50 km/hr and significantly cheaper than quieter streets in the area. If one could only afford sub 800k for a decent block in Mt Pleasant, this is pretty much the only option.
    CoM are also looking at road calming measures in the area. They have installed speed bumps on Bateman Rd recently and are looking at Karoonda Rd too.
    To Demo/build is a good option for PPOR but as an IP there are much better options out there imho.

Diversified likes this.
  12. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

Reynolds is busy but not as bad as Riesley, which is Booragoon/Ardross and asking for similar prices. Reynolds is Mount Pleasant. If a half-block at around high-600k to 700ish, then it is the quality of the stock or land component. You have Mount Pleasant Primary and Applecross SHS, so you are pretty much fixed doesn't matter you have boys or girls in the family. Good IP consideration if targeting families. With direct buses to CBD and Fremantle, Canning Bridge station to north and south via railways, plus Perth10k. If you are betting on re-zoning, then Reynolds is not a bad bet although God knows when.

JohnPropChat and Damo93 like this.
  13. TheMango

TheMango Well-Known Member

Any suburbs in Perth10k that should be avoided like the plague? Or all pretty safe for a long term investment?

14. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Suburbs, no. Properties or types of properties within those suburbs, definitely.

Damo93 likes this.
  15. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...e-cheapest-land-revealed-20201109-p56cwv.html

I think they stuffed up Mount Pleasant because the median price is closer to double what they're suggesting.
    Most are okay in this list but I would stay away from the likes of Cloverdale or Belmont as they're under flight paths and focus on particular properties on certain streets in other suburbs. Some are safer or have better amenities than others etc.

spoon likes this.
  16. maverick

maverick Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to the merits of buying a place like this in Mt Pleasant when you could pay a little extra and get something with more land in perhaps what most would also consider a better suburb?
    For example: https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-wa-floreat-131587034
    Not a quiet street either, but neither is the other property.

Damo93, Patrico1966 and spoon like this.
  17. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

Reckon that slipped through the bargain net of this thread? Its quaint. Plus the land...Im a fan.

spoon likes this.
  18. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

That is a bargain, just a higher price point but much more land which is very enviable in that area in particular.

spoon likes this.
  19. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I love the way Ashfield is never considered a suburb!

20. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

There are a few missing off the list for #Perth10k

Propin likes this.