WA Post a Bargain - Perth 2018

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Spiderman, 2nd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Nice house but how is this different to other overpriced stock in Ellenbrook? Pass.

2. property world

property world Well-Known Member

Closer to city, Closer to beach straight down hepburn to hillaries. Its about 600 sqm+ (Not exactly sure on sqm)

Nice part of Alexander heights

3. JohnPropChat

In this market, $520k can fetch some good stuff much closer to the city maybe not on that size of land ...

4. boeman

boeman Well-Known Member

Thats it.

Can go into the Doubleview/Karrinyup/Scarborough areas on 300-400m2 or head out and get 700m2. Lifestyle chocies and school zones are the driving factors between each I would assume.

5. property world

Yeh we arent looking to spend that ..... we were looking for something a bit cheaper on the same street

We are after some land thats one of the main buying points for us at least 500 sqm plus and even the upper end of 500 rather than the lower end

We arent looking for future development. Just get a solid house at a solid price/slightly discounted that we can potentially stay in for the next 20-30 years

6. JohnPropChat

If you like the area very well and set on it then by all means go for it. I was just pointing out that there is much better value to be had in this market.

Land area doesn't necessarily translate to bigger backyards. Blocks with low zoning R17.5/20 loose so much space in setbacks and clearances. An R40 land, though smaller can result in a bigger backyard if you get my drift.

7. property world

Yeh get your drift.

We are looking more <430k at this stage. As we're FHB would mean voiding stamp duty at that price point.

What areas would you recommend for 4 bed, 2 bath, 500 sqm+, 2 living areas and a decent backyard ?

Weve been looking mainly Marangaroo, Alexander Heights, Ballajura, Beechboro, Kingsley

For me AH and ballajura starting to get too far inland.

Im guessing you might say some duplux, battleaxe type blocks in Hammersly or Balcatta probably just out of our range right now. Maybe in 9-12 months time if were still looking.

8. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you, but are you buying this mainly for PPOR or ppor for now with the intention of renting it out later down the track ie converting to investment?

property world likes this.
  9. property world

'Mainly PPOR' for the next 20-30 years sortve thing. I spose the option to rent it out and move to a nicer suburb with maybe a better lifestyle closer to beach/work could appeal but who knows in 20yrs +

10. JohnPropChat

4x2 on 500sqm+ for $430k, your choices are quite narrow. Brand new build is another choice if you can score a battle axe for low 200's in a better suburb. You can even get the $10k FHB grant. When buying land, FHB limit is $300k I believe. Keep looking, something will turn up.

Suburb creep is a very common problem with FHBs, they start in one suburb and as requirements get higher, they start looking further out. All the while the most important aspect of property is compromised - Location, location, location.

Not trying to be harsh, I've been there - done that

11. property world

or 3 bed 2 bath

Yeh its been exactly that ha. Marangaroo, Kingsley are betting locations for me.

430k limit to void stamp duty

With the large house and land size thats why we need to look a little further inland.

Ill get back to the better half and try work out her exact goals.... its so hard. She cares less about location and more about the look of house inside. Ie needs a decent backyard and also a big WIR in master ha

12. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

My friend is building a house in girrawheen which ticks all your above boxes, and is on a bit of land. New home isnt my thing, but its right next to marangaroo so could be right up your ally?

13. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Commute times are a big factor for me on home location.
    A work mate just brought a nice 4x2 home on 1600m2 in Boya for 470k.
    Lots of options in the Hills if you want a life style type house for a forever home.

14. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

Me too, gotta have a bus or train nearby as priority #1.

As much as i'd like to live out there :(

Shogun likes this.
  15. property world

What sqm is the property?

4x2 ?

16. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

5x2 on 488sqm

5th bedroom would need to be interpreted loosely haha

17. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Agreed. And I'm not sure I'd be putting money into Ellenbrook!

18. property world

FHB have to start somewhere

19. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

That is true, but this forum is heavily skewed towards property investment, not first home buying.

Buying property as an investment versus your first home are two very different things.

20. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

At some point in the future you will want to sell your property. Hopefully it will be something other homeowners will want at this time. Nearer the coast is always a winner so to is being close to Perth.

Ellenbrook is a fairly cheap place to live and rent. I wonder how the train line will change that? It will let a whole new group of people being able to live there.