Possible scammer on CarSales, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Dan Donoghue, 30th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

That's what I did

First bank rep said, can't tell you anything

Then called local branch , who coincidentally I got the branch manager who said, yeah I can put a note on the account, and refused to do anything more until I pointed out that a security breach of that size could be catastrophic and would you want to be held responsible for not alerting your security department

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

If I got an automated call asking for my dob I would hang up and block the number. That is literally the scammiest thing I have ever heard

Lizzie and kierank like this.
  3. justine77

justine77 Well-Known Member

i do buy things on ebay and then i get a courier to pick up but i always pay by pay pal o its secure for both sides ad pay pal pays immediately theres no waiting for money to go through.

i did have this year someone refuse me saying if i'm not picking up myself they wont sell to me that they have heard about scammers??? amistake he was making is ebay shows i've made thousands of purchases over many many years and ahve 100% rating and i was paying with pay pal which is secure so unsure why he thought if its picked up by courier that means its a scam when payment is secure

4. Guest

Guest Guest

+1 and don't take an SMS 'from the bank / organisation' as verification IMO, can be too easily forged.

5. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

So I had an offer on the car like not a scam offer............. I think it was a car yard, they offered me 10K less than I originally listed for stating they could pay cash and pick it up that night, it made me laugh like why would cash and pickup that day be of a benefit to me?

It got me thinking though, if I were desperate to sell, would I have considered it? How many people end up selling way below market value because they need the cash? It's easy money for a car yard, nab something for 65% of it's value and sell it for 100% of it's value.

I don't care if the thing takes months to sell, just don't need 2 cars anymore :).

kierank likes this.
  6. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

So have you sent the car off to the oil rig yet?

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  7. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Hahaha yeah tried too but it sank when I tried to drive it out to the rig.

TMNT likes this.