Positive Property Solutions

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by JakeStone, 22nd Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

With all due respect none of your circumstances are relevant in choosing to use this ‘service’.

You are basically saying you are a newbie who took a chance on this. Other people are saying as experienced investors, wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.

if experienced people say to avoid, would probably just avoid and not look for ‘personal’ experiences. Personal opinion only.

skater and Ahm M like this.
  2. Ahm M

Ahm M Member

I’m learning something new everyday and want to learn. To me, just as no one ends up reading books and perform surgery on themselves, I believe learning from someone is best. There are just so many out there. I wish there were genuine mentors.

See Change likes this.
  3. Trainee

sometimes you might be stepping on potential mentors and dont realise it.

read this forum for a few weeks, and see what you think.

skater and Ahm M like this.
  4. Ahm M

Ahm M Member

Absolutely. I wasn’t aware of this forum. Now I can’t seem to be away from it. I’ll be here more frequently. Thanks so much for the support and understanding.
    I’ll still maintain, if anyone wants to reach out privately, I’m happy to share details and specifics and my experiences so far.

5. Trainee

As for the books and surgery thing... think of it as doing the research so you understand what the surgeon is telling you.

even the most experienced investor (actually, especially those) use solicitors, mortgage brokers etc to execute a buy or sell. But they know what each expert is talking about.

6. Trainee

tbh not sure what value that has. Focus more on learning than sharing, imho.

7. Ahm M

Ahm M Member

Just saying...

8. Ahm M

Ahm M Member

Fair point.

9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This forum is full of genuine mentors, and best of all, it's free.

Exactly!

See Change likes this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You don't work for them, but you ARE their client. That tells ME all I need to know.

Goodbye

Branden and gytrash like this.
  11. FirstTimeInvestor

FirstTimeInvestor New Member

As a first-time investor, I signed up based on a Zoom meeting (last week) regarding their membership offerings which I gathered to be $2997 during the online presentation. During the online signup, I was presented with $2997, clicking on terms & conditions navigated to their home page, and nowhere I could locate the terms & conditions on their site. Upon entering the credit card details I was then presented with another screen with a monthly subscription offer for $997 and decided to opt-out.

However, my card was charged $2997 and I felt the total membership fees were on the higher side (i.e. 11,964 + 2997) I requested a refund and I've noticed a change of tone.

I'll wait for their response... :(

42396 likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

One of the biggest rip offs I've heard of on this forum.

Hope you get your money back!

Last edited: 5th May, 2022
  13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Sorry this happened to you. Places like this pray on those with no experience. It might take time, but spend some considerable hours right here, where there's tons of experienced investors that can give you some guidence for free, although you will be expected to do your part as well. Nobody is going to tell you what to invest in, or how much to spend, but you will learn to do that by yourself.

14. gytrash

gytrash Member

Sorry to hear this. From what I have read, it would appear they do not have a very good history of making refunds. Please let us know how you get on.

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

16. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I just looked up their website.

Positive Property - Property Coaching & Mentoring

Here the founder claims he was making $180k passive income from a portfolio of only $4m in residential property. The properties may bring in $180k of rent, (depending on type and location) but that ignores all the expenses. That alone rings alarm bells.

gytrash likes this.
  17. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Member

I have found that generally, you get what you pay for. Of course, there are scammers, which is evil really, yes avoid the evil scammers. But everyone is not evil, in fact, most aren't.

If you rely on free information, then it's can't be too valuable. The other rule also comes into play...nothing is really free.

So investing in gaining knowledge is important.

You can get information from other people's opinions that help you make better decisions.

However, if it is the knowledge you seek, you need the information packaged so it can relate to you and become something you can relate to and draw upon. Knowledge also requires experiential learning. You need to act out what you learn. This means taking some action and being willing to take some risks.

You need to get the information actionable in your brain so you can take action.

Hiring a coach is a great way to navigate the information to knowledge, knowledge to action in order to gain experience. There is no formal school for entrepreneurship, mostly its learn buy your mistakes and learn quickly.

Investing in avoiding avoidable mistakes is just a smarter way forward. And still don't be afraid of making mistakes...just react to them quickly and learn fast.

18. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

What ? And allow facts to get in the way of a great story ? Its like my $4m portfolio may have a net portfolio value of $800,000. There is a huge difference between a unencumbered $4M property and one with 80% LVR. Imagine if every company only had a balance sheet that counted assets and ignored all debts ?

gytrash and skater like this.
  19. gytrash

gytrash Member

Do you receive commissions from Developers Jerry?

20. Jerry Parker

Jerry Parker Member

No, I don't get fees or commissions from developers, I am afraid it's much worse than that. I am a developer.

But I also help investors build their portfolios with online education, which is a sales process.

I also respect salespeople and the sales process. Sale is a profession and a necessary step in the value creation process. people don't buy things, things are sold to people.

The belief that all salespeople are cons, is a negative belief that hurts your chances of success. Sales are essential to get you the right information to make the purchase decision and execute the sale. No value is ever created for either party without a sale being closed.

What about you? How do you make money?