Positive Property Solutions

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by JakeStone, 22nd Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gytrash

gytrash Member

A few facts about Positive Property Solution:
    • Their goal is to create 10,000 property millionaires (although it’s not clear what the definition of a “property millionaire” is)
    • Wealth creation model is totally reliant on capital growth
    • Big emphasis on property value doubling every 7 to 10 years
    • Big emphasis on purchasing multiple properties once in the program
    • Recommended properties are brand new, they do not source second hand properties
    • Recommended properties are not listed
    • They have what they call their own “circle of safety” of developers, brokers, conveyancers, insurers they work closely with
    • Commissions from external parties are not disclosed
    • The have no professional accreditation or association
    • Membership costs $8,997 for 2 years or $16,997 for 10 years
    • Satisfaction guarantee and money back is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement that essentially prevents the individual from posting or saying anything negative about Positive Property Solution or its employees

Maychi, Branden, See Change and 2 others like this.
  2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding! We have a winner for Property Spruiker Bingo!

Scott No Mates, Branden and BunnyXiao like this.
  3. gytrash

gytrash Member

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

5. gytrash

gytrash Member

6. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Circle of Safety :)

That's likely true but not for the benefit of their clients I expect

ta
    rolf

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Oh dear! I feel the only thing I could possibly say is RUN......RUN FAST AND AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.

See Change, Josh miller and gytrash like this.
  8. gytrash

gytrash Member

Joeisagun likes this.
  9. Luke Burrows

Luke Burrows New Member

Just wondering how you went with your research on the company? I am also looking at the company too and have listened to 30+ pod cast. I cannot locate him owning any properties apart from some land in QLD purchased back in 2017 (RP data doesn't supply info in SA). He may have trust in place to protect his properties.
    He gives a lot of free info in his podcast.

10. Luke Burrows

Luke Burrows New Member

It is true the emphasis is on property growth and that is why he selects the top 200 suburbs that meet certain statistics which he recommends the members to buy in. The list is only given to "blackbelt" members which is either a 2 year or 10 year membership (approx. 9k and 17k)

The properties they recommend are either brand new or within 5 years old but MUST be in the top 200 list of positive growth suburbs. (He also has a no go list of suburbs which he gives for free)

The circle of safety are apparently independent companies. Yet to find out if they receive commissions from these companies. They say they only work with people they trust. I guess you can look at that 2 ways: They receive commissions from them and that's why they use them OR
    They are decent companies and have good rapport using them
    From his podcast, he doesn't have qualifications, just proven methods and strategies.
    I am still researching the company so I am neither FOR or AGAINST them. Just posting what I have found out

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

:eek:

You don't need to pay anything for information. Just do your own research & save yourself a bomb.

gytrash and Luke Burrows like this.
  12. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

$0 in their bank account to multi-million dollar ...
    It looks like he takes someone who earns $0 to about $3m in income
    As multi millionaire would be several millions ...
    As it is money in the bank account it would tax paid income
    I wonder if there are even 100,000 people in Australia that earn $3m tax paid income as his aim is to create 10,000 (say 10% ) multi millionaire.

gytrash likes this.
  13. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

20 years of free research in this forum and it’s predecessor, somersoft.

cliff

14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

• Their goal is to create 10,000 property millionaires (although it’s not clear what the definition of a “property millionaire” is)
    Their goal is to personally profit. It enhances their marketing when clients seem satisfied and that helps sell them another when possible. I bet good money if they got to 10,000 they wont stop claiming all goals were met. Or they get to 8,000 and decide to refund everyones memberships.
    • Wealth creation model is totally reliant on capital growth
    The worst investment should eventually look OK with a long time period. Hey look at the Gold Coast thats how it was built. Decades of people overpaying and getting bad investments. I wont even mention the timeshare scam period which followed. Now its expert spruikers helping them. And its anywhere and not just SE QLD.
    • Big emphasis on property value doubling every 7 to 10 years
    Projections are always something to take with a grain of salt. They never show periods where property growth decline etc and often use an average that reflects past performance or anything they think looks good. Never showing flat or negative periods defies logic but certainly makes a pretty graph.
    • Big emphasis on purchasing multiple properties once in the program
    I have never ever seen a spruiker say - You know what you shouldnt buy property especially another one. They have a single advice strategy to buy more until you cant afford more. That makes them money. They are usually only limited by the stupidity of people and their ability to access credit. Many will ask questions about superannuation balances at some point. I bet one of the team gives tax guidance or opinions about super (that isnt financial advice)
    • Recommended properties are brand new, they do not source second hand properties
    Depreciation is the gift from the gods. Its a freebie."Let the taxman pay for the home" is scammer rule 101. Its like two card marley or the three cup game with the ball. You can watch all you like but the whole gathering is scamming you. And that happy person who won and says nice things at the seminar is one of them too. Oh and the guy who says he owns 32 properties....Are you sure they do ? ASIC have caught many telling fibs about that. Ohhh what you mean the developer says he will allow me to sell 32 isnt the same as me owning them?
    • Recommended properties are not listed
    If they were you may find out you are overpaying and identify how much. Agents have tried and the developer just saw the cost. The spruiker promised a higher price from gullible people to earn his fee. The general scheme is they want owners with equity elsewhere. That way you max borrowings. And the poor valuation still gets finance its just the valuation sucks (remember the bad investmnet that eventually comes good with time) and is covered by the equity loan. Three card marley again. Thanks broker. Lender (bank) doesnt care.
    • They have what they call their own “circle of safety” of developers, brokers, conveyancers, insurers they work closely with
    These are a team who will each lack independence and be motivated by the self fulfilling outcomes and not criticise or raise issues arms length adviser may. Its their circle of safety. Less problems and people withdrawing when they get independent views. How many times have I been asked by spruikers to attend a seminar ? It could give credibility. I refuse to assist.
    • Commissions from external parties are not disclosed
    They can also not be 100% disclosed when they are. The buyer always ends up paying to feed the team. Its like a gang of pickpockets. They just pass the parcel.
    • They have no professional accreditation or association
    Neither do most criminals. Bikies have a clubhouse and associate
    • Membership costs $8,997 for 2 years or $16,997 for 10 years
    Member ? You arent a member unless the principles of mutuality apply. Its no club. Its not even a gym you can quit. This is a business. They make money from their clients.
    • Satisfaction guarantee and money back is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement that essentially prevents the individual from posting or saying anything negative
    I wonder how that works after you buy ? Just unhappy people I guess who see a solicitor who says - They didnt force you to sign the contract. Or the loan application or to pay to be a member. You did that. The property contract also disclaims all inducements and promises not in the contract. The guarantee is mere puffery.

15. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Sorry, just putting a 'like' on this post just isn't enough, so I thought it best to quote it.

I would like to bet that @Luke Burrows who just showed up on this thread AFTER we'd all given our thoughts on these kinds of scammy Businesses, is in some way related to, or working for this mob. Comes in, saying nice things for his two posts & disappears back to where he came.

gytrash and See Change like this.
  16. Paul@PAS

upload_2021-4-9_14-35-58.jpeg

17. Paul@PAS

I get a few emails a year from spruikers asking me to retract something. I'm sure Simon gets some requests to delete threads too. I dont retract things I believe to be a reasonable opinion based on my experience and knowledge. And I never help sell anything to anyone. I do also say that some property sellers run very good advisory businesses and are actually reputable and helpful advisers but they are selling so be wary. I dont single out any specific advisers with that commentary. Its my sceptical view of all of them. You judge who it applies to. But there are tons of sharks for every charming dolphin and from 25 metres away they kinda both look alike. So be wary. Its like swimmig through burley. And if you attend a seminar what the hell did you expect ? And at the end of the day they are in a business. They arent your best mate. They arent doing any favours as a charity. They dont want to help educate you - They want to overcome resistence so you buy. They are making $$$ from clients and should always be carefully assessed as just that. Be sceptical. A big red flashing ******** detector you never turn off.

Same with real estate agents - They want to sign up a sale and often then argue the price needs to be dropped, or if you are the buyer it needs a higher offer and I dont know a mortgage broker that suggests you borrow less or a pizza shop that says - No you want a small one thats too much food to eat. And a buyers agents job is not to buy. Its to sell you something !! Make sure they only are working for you. And no auctioneer is happy when a home sells. They want it to keep going. They hate saying "gone"

18. Ahm M

Ahm M Member

What was your experience? Why get out? Can you give a bit more please?

19. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You read just this ONE post in this thread. I'm sure there's more than enough warning here on "One stop shops" like this. Or do you work for this mob?

20. Ahm M

Ahm M Member

Don’t mind but I asked for “personal” experience and why one wanted to get out based on “one on one observation” than most commenting without having any direct liaison whatsoever. Since you’re so judgemental in alleging that I work for the mob, I won’t do the same as I’m bigger and better than that. That attitude tells more about you then me.
    Now i will put a detailed reply soon based on “personal one on one experience”. I didn’t know much and took a punt. Even though a few things mentioned in here caught my eye and does raise eyebrows, I want to be more aware.
    Yes, I am a client and have a property in Brisbane rented out immediately with a fantastic property manager looking after it. I am very happy to share my details and talk to anyone who wants to know more. In saying that, for my next IP, I must admit, I will think twice and do more due diligence.
    Lastly, I suffer from social anxiety and have been battling it for over 20 years. Being 43 of age, on a single income and 2 beautiful children, yes I took a punt to get into investing, especially after nearly losing the job to Covid19.