Porch/Veranda -improvement with Pavers (small project)

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by L3ha7, 18th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hello All,
    As the title says, We want to do this small.project by ourself, I have never done this or any thing related to building,repair etc. before but with the hype of diy and passion to learn I think this is a good start for me to get my hands dirty and learn.

I have been to bunnings and today going to amber and couple of other places too.

Please see the attached pics and I appreciate any tips from experienced members as I am still in planning mood.

2. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Narrow strip :5.7sqm
    Wider strip:5.31sqm
    Total:11 sqm

Will get required items for 12 sqm when the time comes.

3. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

It is done

4. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Looks functional - good job for a first DIY.
    I'm sure now that you're finished you've probably noticed that the aesthetics of it could have been improved with some forethought as to how it was laid out.
    With paving and tiling it's important to consider where to start, where to cut and how to align. It looks like you treated each of the 3 sections separately. which means none of the edges line up.

6. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hi @Westminster ,

The concrete on right hand side (under yellow post) is existing and after speaking to many tradies and tiling places -everyone recommended to use pavers.

I must say at one stage I decided to pull the plug bcoz all tradies wanted huge amount for this 12 sqm. I watched few videos and ask my Dad for help.

As per bunnings/youtube videos they all mentioned to start paving from an existing structure so that's what we did.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia