Poor first home buyers (especially Sydney)

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Gockie, 28th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ZachAnsel

ZachAnsel Well-Known Member

I'm with Devank..

I'm gen Y, and have a lot of whinging friends similar. They spend, spend, spend like crazy. Monday, they spend $200 for jeans. Tuesday, $300 for bag, Wednesday they bought shoes for $250 and the list go on and on..

And what I hate, they complain "how can I afford to buy property?". They saw small needle across the sea, but didn't realise big elephant front of their eyes.

Even worst, they dont care if someone gave them advice about how destructive their life style. Or when I try to explain how we can purchase multiple properties and the important of buffer, and money management. Friends with them is full of negativity and drain energy that I want to spend for good knowledge.

So I just ignored that kind of people, even if possible I encourage them to spend as that keep economy moving. They also my fav tenant, as increase supply tenant to my demand

At the end of the day, when the student ready, teacher will arrive.

2. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

I see this all the time, i don't bother trying to show them an alternative because they are blind and ignorant. Mindset is everything...

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I am same Gen yet I own 1 pair of jeans ($50), don't have a bag but last time I bought a shirt would of been Jan last year (was at my favourite winery). Shoes, I own 1 pair of thongs, 1x runners, 1x work shoes (black), 1x boots.

The only time I replace them is when the soles are coming off, I recently replaced my work shoes and I had worn away the shoe so much it was showing the wood in them.

Last time I went out was for a bucks party and man I spent $500 ($250 paintball, $100 food (including paintball food/drinks), $150 drinks) and was like it was a great time but id rather stay at home with family and friends and drink and have great food at home.

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:Life is a balance.....the pschology of money say that if you spend money it also comes back at you ten fold.

I know people worth millions...but do not enjoy it...what is the point??

Having said that....you should not blow it either...I found over time if I viewed money as a neutral commodity...I got a lot more of it. When I did not chase it it appeared....even more!! Go figure...

ej89 and Property Twins like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia