Poor customer relations.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bran, 3rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ozzie in Texas

Ozzie in Texas Well-Known Member

She might have felt the same way as well. We all have bad days.

In my present job, I am constantly trying to keep my employers grounded. They are super busy and super stressed.....and as a consequence, they will flip out easily even turning against contractors they have known and used for years because of a misunderstanding or because both parties were having a bad hair day.

For me, there is a difference between recognising that we are human beings and sometimes make mistakes and cutting some slack is ok because we're emotional beings.........to repeated bad customer service.

If it's one off......let it go and look at the overall picture. If it is constantly bad, cut your losses and move on without the anxiety.

BigKahuna likes this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Well there you go.
    These things have a way of working themselves out.
    No one got fired and no one quit ;)

3. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Bran, there's a lot of stuff on this thread that sounds like what can only be described as ********.

You are paying the invoices on time, your supplier is telling you how busy they are, not answering emails in a reasonable time frame, ie "today" if they are running some kind of quasi-serious business, and the rest seems like "I couldn't do it because the dog ate my homework"..

Well, fork that, because you are what's known as a "best customer", so in any business worth it's cred, whilst they might keep putting up their rate to compensate, your supplier sounds like they need a serious reality check. ie. time for a change.

Disclaimer: In another obscure thread I was called out about the "customer is always right" which I don't believe is so, (and that's another story), but "best customers" should be treated as such...

Perthguy and Bran like this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Sounds like a more appropriate saying.
    I've seen some pretty ordinary customers.

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

The idea behind 'customer is always right' is about treating customers with respect. But from personal experience I can confirm that the customer is certainly not 'always right'.

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Agreed, its how you point out that they are wrong in a respectful and courteous way.

Perthguy and BigKahuna like this.
  7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely! We had a customer we knew was wrong. She was on the verge of boycotting our store. My manager refused to bend. I convinced her to bend to keep this customer. I made the phone call, said we would accept her version. Next time she came in, I was friendly as usual, and she kept buying.

One day she called in, bringing in the item she had insisted had been returned to us (faulty) months ago, (and which we replaced with a new one at no cost to her) but which she had now realised was still in her possession. She apologised to me and thanked me for how I'd handled the whole thing.

My boss was prepared to risk losing one of our best customers over an item worth $50. That is just crazy.

Perthguy, BigKahuna and EN710 like this.
  8. THX

THX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ted Varrick and Ambit like this.
  9. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Customer is always right as long as it benefits the business ;)

SerenityNow and THX like this.