Poor customer relations.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bran, 3rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, stuff her, do it or don't I say.
    Tell her to lose the 'tude.

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same.
    In fact interestingly I asked my daughter the other day if she wants to go and get a subway sandwich she said no way anywhere else except subway. I was surprised because she loves subway. When I asked her why she said "mum everyone there looks like they hate their job" it's not a good thing to be around and I don't want to be there" - Creating a good atmosphere is needed for business.

Jacque, EN710 and Perthguy like this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

My investment partner runs several businesses and I have banned him from sending out business emails without me checking them because he is too blunt :p

I used to work in a role that was dealing with sensitive stakeholders so I am used to 'softening' business correspondence. We try my approach a couple of times and if that doesn't work I tell him to send one of his. :D

Anyway, in my professional opinion, her correspondence is not professional. That's based on my experience of customer service.

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I boycotted coffee club for the same reason. Staff bickering with each other and with customers. That is such an unpleasant environment when waiting for morning coffee. I have 3 new coffee shops. At all of them, the staff appear to be having a great time. They banter with each other and with customers while taking orders and making the coffees. 100% better than anywhere else I have been.

Bran, Xenia and BigKahuna like this.
  5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

@Xenia yep...

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I reckon it's good to avoid the big franchises and support the little guys. Unless they suck. Then they're on their own.

Perthguy and Xenia like this.
  7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Yes I'm with you, sometimes when we are on the run it's easier to go for convenience and look for things you know. But yes I agree, some of the smaller restaurants that are family owned have the best food if you know where to find them.

BigKahuna likes this.
  8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I never go to any of the big coffee chain cafe/restaurants.
    But I'm not a big coffee drinker.

Xenia likes this.
  9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Goodness - don't ever do business with me then. I'm so laid back and casual in my emails, that I treat my customers like old friends (without being personal) ...

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

That works Lizzie, and I'm fairly casual mostly too. It came home to roost recently when we went to a building designer who was rather "prickly". I soon turned into a businesswoman. Pity really. Probably didn't help when hubby's first words were "she has done all the work for you". :D

11. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

The trouble with email is that all the nuances of face to face communication are lost - misinterpretation is common, despite all the :):p:D:eek: we may use to get our message properly across.

Those who provide mediocre customer service won't last in business. It's that simple.

Ozzie in Texas and WattleIdo like this.
  12. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

One thing you've got to watch out for when you become more powerful and more influential, is having extremely high standards that you apply to all those around you. And then acting like it's a personal insult when your high standards aren't met because

"I'm an important person, I know what I want, I demand that I get what I want, and if I don't get what I want how I want it then I'll make sure you know about it. And how dare someone condescend to me, I'm an important businessman who demands a certain amount of respect".

If you don't watch it you'll end up like Trump :p

Sorry to have a dig mate haha

I would cut her some slack though. Obviously doesn't have a structure in place to handle clients efficiently and it seems like you're guessing tone from an email which is a very imperfect science.

13. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

She definately has poor people skills, probably the reason why there is little to no telephone contact. I wouldn't be keen on giving her anymore work.

No criticism of you but unless something is directly related to my job I won't drop in what I do for a living if it isn't relevant to the issue at hand. Not sure what the case is in this instance @Bran but some people may interpret it as having a self-important attitude even if it is just to illustrate your point :)

Bran likes this.
  14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably best to find another one, even as a backup.

Bran likes this.
  15. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Nope, all fair points guys.
    Thanks for keeping me grounded ;)
    I think theres a little bit from each side. She got me at a bad point yesterday morning. I haven't seen blue sky for a few weeks, and a reminder about a bill that wasn't even overdue just struck a nerve. Even I think my email makes me sound like a bit of a tosser, but I still think her tone is inappropriate.

Westminster, Tim86 and WattleIdo like this.
  16. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

I have some incredible freelance clients who literally pay within 48 hours. Others take 60 days (it's in the agreement with them - which I have little power to change as they are a bigger company). It's incredibly frustrating sometimes, but I don't think I have ever chased a payment unless it was beyond these days.

Was there a conversation upfront about time taken to pay?

I would be very hurt to receive an email like that - but at the same time, I probably wouldn't email in the manner she did... it's a toughie. If you're ecstatic with the work she provides, it can often be worth ignoring an odd email manner (it's so hard to read tone in emails/text, particularly when they're rushed and not thought out) but if you don't love the work... find someone else.

EN710 likes this.
  17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

It's all sorted

She replied this morning saying she wasn't doing freelancing anymore as her full-time job is too busy
    Furthermore, she said things were too tight for payment > 5 days. She thought she could have told me this. I told her I'm more than happy to pay upfront next time.
    The worst part is that I sent money to her old account, I missed the line in her email telling me her details had changed.

18. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

FTFY

Bran and SerenityNow like this.
  19. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Bran, my brother is a graphic designer with ~17 years experience. He does freelancing on the side (has done for many years).

I can make an introduction if you're interested.

Perthguy likes this.
  20. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Thanks Mombius, but I'm all good for now

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia