Pool water features where can we get them ?

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Agent99, 6th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Agent99

Agent99 Well-Known Member

Where can we get replacements for these water features or similar, they have been damaged and have to be replaced ? Originally came out China hoping someone may know of a supplier ? upload_2017-1-6_13-14-21.png

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The knock-off shop.

Unless you know where they came from, it's unlikely that you will find replacements. They may have been specially commissioned or they could be mass produced.

Remove the damaged one nad cap off the water supply or move them around for symmetry.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

What sort of damage? We have two free standing pagoda style outdoor light fittings, about 1 metre tall, which look similar construction to this. We've dragged them with us through 20 years and three houses and one lid broke into several pieces and a base had a large chip knocked off the corner.

Hubby has repaired them with concrete. He "glued" the lid somehow with more concrete and made up a mould to match the other base and poured concrete to fill up the missing corner. It is hard to describe but he did patch them quite well.

I wonder if a renderer could do that to yours?

4. Agent99

Thanks all but replacement is the only answer. Unfortunately someone had the good idea that wooden bases were exceptionally long lasting by a pool in tropical weather !
    Maybe this kind of thing is not the flavour of large complexes these days ??

5. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

They look familiar! :D

I'd be inclined to get rid of them completely and stick with the synthetic grass with a couple more sun lounges.

6. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

Why can't they be repaired with "non-timber" bases, such as polywood?

I had some solid white granite features I incorporated into a previous PPOR landscape project (large... 1/2 ton each) that I sourced from a Melbourne Stonemason importer (yes, they came from China). Price was surprising good compared with anything locally sourced.

7. Agent99

Yes they are close to you Kinnon well done...free swim for you :))
    Ahhhh No... need to have something there as is a great feature of the complex. Looking at something a little smaller that can swim !!

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Can they be saved somehow? They are stunning.

9. Agent99

Yes very fond of them looking after the complex. Unfortunately had timber frames and external was badly crumbling, safety issues too as kids loved to climb so had to go.

10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

You need find a local Indonesian/balinese importer. They will be able to find something suitable and import it or even try Aliexpress/alibaba