NSW Point Piper/Darling Point Apartments

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Johnny Smitthy3, 18th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Johnny Smitthy3

Johnny Smitthy3 New Member

Possibly a niche question but curious about the overall sentiment on the highest-end blue-chip apartments in Sydney, particularly the East. e.g. 4 bedroom apartments/penthouses in Point Piper, Darling Point, Double Bay with panoramic harbour views. These have seen superb growth which often outpaced houses over the past few years, likely due to downsizers having more cash to splash. Over the next few cycles do you think these elite apartments will continue to do well?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Of course it's a bubble, prices will crash as they're building more waterfront units with great views by expanding Sydney to the East with major land reclamation projects being touted on a near daily basis. Soon, everyone will be able to afford several.

Ben_j likes this.
  3. Weinilourson

Weinilourson Active Member

I agree there may be a bubble due to hyperinflated prices since last year, but there is still "limited" stock in these areas - high-end, blue-chip suburbs, only a few storeys high, with nice water views.

I don't think there will be a crash, but increase in prices will likely slow down. Long-term will likely hold value.

(for houses in these areas, there is far less stock and not crashing at the moment either)
    Just my personal opinion...