Podcast

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Matthe_w, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Whats Dave Bradley up to these days. Haven't heard anything about him since he parted ways with Mcknight.

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to watch you tube or online videos at a faster rate?
    I know vlc can speed up but how do you do it in a phone? Can the vlc app be used to run online video's?
    I need the x1.5!! There's also some ato stuff that i need to get to x2 atleast to keep watching! :)

3. Terry_w

Yes one of the bottons down the bottom of the screen allows you to change the screen. up to 2 times

4. House

House Well-Known Member

Just discovered the Long Property podcast from Daniel Gold. Good few recognizable names interviewed- McGrath, Lomas, Lindeman, Gray, Tarbey etc

Standard interview format/questions but good insights from the few I've listened to so far
    The Long Property Show by Daniel Gold on iTunes

5. bob shovel

L

Nice! Thanks. Some big name guests on the eps

6. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any good podcasts on Property Development that they listen to? I subscribe to Property Developer Podcast but that is the only I I've found, apart from the odd episode/guest on other podcasts.

7. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about the Tim Ferriss podcast. Some of the people he interviews are amazing, and I get a lot from those ones. But to me Tim comes across as such an arrogant guy and he just rubs me the wrong way.

Having said that, he's just come out with a book which basically takes all of the good stuff people have said on his podcasts and summarises it. I haven't read it yet, but have heard good things.

bob shovel likes this.
  8. bob shovel

@Jennifer Duke was featured on a recent property couch podcast
    Episode 098 | Unpacking Property Media Headlines - Chat with Jennifer Duke, Property Journalist and Review Editor of Domain - The Property Couch

I thought it was a very interesting interview with getting to know the behind the scenes info to the media world of property and where the future is headed.

With regards to re.com.au vs domain for my opinion and use - re is my go to for searching properties but domain is where i read news and articles, usually found via Facebook.
    How intense is this war @Jennifer Duke ? Is there a third competitor or are you the duopoly? My sister in law just started with re.com.au and i think they are falling way behind you in regards to news and info articles

9. bob shovel

I've just come across this podcast

64 - Travel at the Speed of Life! Part 2

@ellejay you might get some more inspiration. From the titles looks like a lot of sailing. I know nothing about sailing but could get an apetite after listening

10. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

new podcast I am listening to - 99% Invisible
    99% Invisible is about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world. With over 150 million downloads, 99% Invisible is one of the most popular podcasts on itunes

11. bob shovel

Is anyone else using Blinkist app?? @Terry_w the fast version of audio books! :)
    Blinkist: Serving curious minds.

Fantastic app! it takes a lot of great books and summarises them into 15min. its not the same as reading a full book but it summarises it into chapters then breaks downt the key points.
    Heres a few:
    upload_2017-6-14_15-34-33.png

I have a heap of books ive barely read or just skimmed sections. This morning i covered 4 on the way to work! better than not reading them at all imo. and i can alwyas find the ones i like then read the full book if i like.

Last edited by a moderator: 1st May, 2018
    Terry_w likes this.
  12. Terry_w

Thanks Bob, that Blinked looks great. invite me to join and you receive 7 free days when i sign up.

13. bob shovel

Terry_w likes this.
  14. Terry_w

Thanks. I will sign up later. I have already listend to 5 book summaries on the free trial - books that I would otherwise not have the time to ready or listen to in full.

15. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Bryce Holdaway is a Blinkist fanboy, for whatever that's worth.

Do yourself a favour, get on to this podcast. Under 10 mins per ep, great historical stories, all based on fact, told beautifully. You may know the presenter from the discovery channel show Dirty Jobs.

16. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member