Podcast

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Matthe_w, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

It's not property related, but I enjoy the Small Business Big Marketing podcast by Tim Reid.

2. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

Only in the past 6 months have I found the podcast useful, Besides ones already mentioned

- The Daily Boost
    - Get it done guy
    - Talking trading
    - Money news with Ross Greenwood
    - TedTalks

3. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

Personally I listen to this one at 1.5x speed. It's gets a little tiring with those two talking themselves up every episode.

One podcast I have been enjoying recently is "We study Billionaires". While it is American their views are interesting. I also have a couple of photography related podcasts in my list of regular listens.

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I understand podcasts now!!:oops: Great app! So simple to use. Now to get some head phones :cool:

Jamie Moore likes this.
  5. bob shovel

I like the property couch @Ben Kingsley ;), good info and explanations. Plus the q and a eps give you a taste of everything

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Podcasts are incredible - I'm always listening to something when I'm driving, exercising, walking the dog, cleaning the house, etc.

Don't limit yourself just to property stuff though - you'll find pods on every topic imaginable.

BLTN and Eric Wu like this.
  7. lisawithane

lisawithane Well-Known Member

OMG thanks for the tips on Podcasts, feel like I've been stuck in the dark ages and now have discovered this wonderful tool. Only listened to one so far - but am loving it!!! what a great use of my commuting time

8. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

there are Audible books from Amazon, listen to them while commuting.

9. weejimmy

weejimmy Well-Known Member

These are great, thanks guys, now i have better use of my drive to and from work. It gets a little hairy trying to scroll down all the posts on your phone while driving...

bob shovel likes this.
  10. weejimmy

weejimmy Well-Known Member

This post has changed my life im so glad you posted it.
    I drive 2 hours a day for work and hated how it was such a waste, thanks to you i have also made a break through discovery of podcasts....
    now i wish it was 3 hours a day, i love traffic jams and somtimes sit at lights for two or three rounds of red light green light, just to listen to the end of a pod cast.
    well slight exaggeration but its definitely made commuting a whole lot more bareable.

Corkey, BLTN, House and 1 other person like this.
  11. bob shovel

Wow..just listened to the worst podcast inmy podcast career! It was a train wreck, I wanted to throw my phone out the window but couldn't stop listening. It was a semi Spruik for mortgage choice but it was about their PR lady doing all the things an investor shouldn't and also going forward her plans were even worse.Podcast includes the classic hits of buying with emotion, buying a holiday house as an investment, buying at the peak isn't a bad thing, getting all the family involved for extra pressure, going p&I on your ppor.
    Holy moly!.she was a good talker and knew the lingo but there was no good advice.
    Inner west of syd is nice area but prices won't be going anywhere quick

The smart property investor latest one :
    Episode: Podplayer - Podcast Addict web player

Jess and her partner Matt thought they’d found their dream property. With pre-approvals in place, building and pest inspections done and a thorough understanding of the property market behind them, they were ready to battle – until the opening bid was $400,000 over the price guide they’d been given. The couple were constantly being thwarted by cashed-up Sydney buyers, until they came across a goldmine in Sydney’s inner west. In this episode of The Smart Property Investment Show, Jess talks to Phil Tarrant and Vivienne Kelly about how she overcame the challenges of buying property in Sydney, what she’ll do next and what other buyers are doing wrong. Jess is also head of corporate affairs at Mortgage Choice, so she shares some unique insights into the investor market, what’s wrong with the ‘property bubble’ and how owner-occupiers can easily become property investors. Smart Property Investment - By investors for investors Phillip Tarrant(@philliptarrant)さん | Twitter

12. bob shovel

Has anyone had a listen?? go on have a listen ;)

13. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

i have become intrigued with radical personal finance (podcast)

BLTN likes this.
  14. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

The trouble with the American finance podcasts is that so much is irrelevant to Australia. but there looks to be a few good topics there so I will put Matt's suggestion on my list.

15. bob shovel

Anyone listen to everyday property investing podcast? Thoughts? Is it the lady from property zest that has been recommended here as a BA?

16. bob shovel

Smart property investor latest podcast features @Michael_X
    Great podcast, Michael brought up some great points! He taught me a few more things! Loan pre approval credit hits being one. I've spoken to a couple of friends (not on the forum... their choice! o_O) who are getting started and proud about their pre approval but don't know where they are buying or their plan, credit hit if not used guys.

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/...-how-property-helped-me-quit-the-rat-race.mp3

Michael_X and Terry_w like this.
  17. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

18. bob shovel

@Ben Kingsley I'm not sure how podcast poaching works but check out the above podcast. You need to get Michael in for a chat!

19. bob shovel

20. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

Finrod and BLTN like this.