PM recommendations Marsden

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by jacjohn7, 26th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

There is your problem!

Tom Rivera likes this.
  2. craig s

craig s Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I had 2 properties with Ray White Marsden and have withdrawn both of them.

I went through the changeover from Oscar Property Management when Chivaun was there and as soon as she left things went down hill real quick. I had a new PM every 6 weeks or so.

1st of my properties it took me from getting back from an overseas holiday last September and calling them to ask why the tenants are in 32 days arrears after a first breach issued 2 months before. Yes that's right, we will issue a breach form today for you. By the time that got done and the process was followed we couldn't get into court before Christmas and by the new year when we got them evicted the house was trashed. They promised they would do the insurance claim straight away as I was after the documents to do it myself. I spoke to the PM and she said it had been lodged, they were waiting for a reply. I had to chase them for 3 weeks and it took an email sent to their hierarchy for me to get a reply. Once they replied they confessed that the claim hadn’t been lodged, it hadn’t even been started. And once again I was dealing with a new PM as the last one left. I had to get new carpets and paint the house which I was waiting to see what I would get back to see how far I could go financially. The house was empty for nearly 6 months. I made a massive loss on that.

2nd property I was informed that the tenants were leaving and given notice then they requested to stay for a little while longer which I agreed. I called them a month later asking when they planned on leaving to be told that they had already vacated a week ago. House was empty! The house was still advertised and I told the school girl who I was dealing with to drop the price straight away to get people through the gates. I had to teach her what to do. She only lasted a couple of months along with the other 5 I had recently dealt with.

I have independent PM’s now and so far they are great.

I have dealt with PM’S in Sydney, Geelong and Ballarat who I have never had any issues with, hopefully now the same in Brisbane.

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Who did you go with?

4. craig s

Whiteknights real estate

5. Rezzley

Rezzley Member

We have one of our properties with Tom from PropertyWorks and would have no issues with recommending his services.

Our two most recent purchases (one settled on Tuesday and the next Is a couple weeks away) are with Ray White Marsden as we wanted to have someone else to compare with, as we are only just starting out on our Investing journey. We have been happy with their service thus far albeit very early days, so cannot comment further.

Fingers crossed!!!

ccsben, Truly Exotic and Tom Rivera like this.
  6. craig s

All happy days until something goes wrong. That's when you can tell the difference between a good and bad PM. At the end of the day anyone can collect money, but once issues arise it's how you deal with them.
    Hopefully you will have a good experience.

7. bob shovel

Change now.I've just seen photos from the new pm after ray white marsden and I'm very disappointed to say the least!:mad:
    Try another another pm. Worst case is the new one will be just as **** as them. Go elsewhere as a comparison

Truly Exotic and craig s like this.
  8. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of property managers over the years in NSW and QLD, and the best I've had by far is Sheryl Hay from Ray White Rochedale - 0452 520 380. Amazing at repairs, has saved me thousands of dollars and is very good at chasing arrears, increasing rents etc.

She manages a few for me now and everything I buy goes straight to her now (in the Logan area). Also she loves managing renovations - I bought one on the weekend which needs major reno's - she checked it out for me as I'm Sydney based, got quotes, gave advice and is keen to get stuck into organising all the works.

In saying this, Tom Rivera has been very helpful in giving me advice on a few things on PChat, so if Sheryl ever slipped up I'd be reaching out to Tom.

Cheers

Tom Rivera likes this.
  9. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

Why has so many ended up with Ray White Marsden anyway? I understand a rent roll was sold and some didn't get a choice, but others seem to be in the sheep mentality. Has anyone actually really recommended them, and being so new to the area under that banner they do not have any long term track record as good PM to my understanding.

Buyer beware and don't be fooled by expecting any PM to be automatically good because they operate under some nationwide shiny logo.

10. bob shovel

I would say this is the issue for forumites. There are trends of businesses working together from forum connections - most good and excellent advice but you still need to do you're own research and find what works best for the individual.

Btw I'll also give a thumbs down to ray white marsden

11. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

But there is a choice, when a management agreement (Form 6) is assigned to a new manager, if the Client is not happy they simply give their notice to terminate just the same as if they wanted to do so under the previous manager.

30 days' notice required under POA
    90 days' notice required under PAMDA
    less if both parties mutually agree

12. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Whenever I've been assigned a new manager in an office, I've always heard after the fact. The only time I've signed a form 6 is when I approach a new agency.

13. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

The latter is what is being talked about, not staff churn within the same company.

14. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Yeah. New managers are usually pretty good for the first 3 to 6 mths, then start to tire and unless your onto it, it's up to you to seek another agency, and sometimes you're seen as the one churning through agents.

15. craig s

I went with Ray White Marsden after I purchased an IP and the Oscar Property management rent roll was sold. When Chivaun left Oscar they went through Pm after Pm and it wasn't going too well as the service was appalling, no one knew where the previous Pm was at, it was a disaster. Unfortunately I got stuck with Ray White as I was going through an eviction and insurance process when the rent roll was sold.

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Oct, 2018
    Michael Mitchell likes this.
  16. ccsben

ccsben Member

I'm just starting the PM with RayWhite Marsden. So not pleasant to just found out these feedback. However, so far so good with the help from Corrine and Rebecca. I'm sure time will tell and we are still at the everything is going well as planned stage.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  17. bob shovel

Everything going well until it doesn't. That's when you want PM's to perform

craig s likes this.