PM recommendation for inner west Melbourne

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by LATS, 26th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LATS

LATS Well-Known Member

Hi all
    Looking to change from my current PM to another one who is more responsive with repairs and tenant management.

Property is located in Altona North. I know there are plenty who service the Hobson Bay council areas and will check them out, but would love recommendations if you have any?

2. villager

villager New Member

I am also looking for a PM for our newly built property in Rockbank area. It is our first investment property, I would appreciate if someone can recommend PM covering western suburbs. Not sure whether to go with larger RE companies or more boutique PM. I have received quote from one of the independent PM who quoted me 8% not sure whether it is normal or high.

3. Hayley Cannon

Hayley Cannon Well-Known Member

Im not sure if she covers these areas however @Lil Skater is a great PM/Business owner in Melbourne

Lil Skater likes this.
  4. Michelle Evans

Michelle Evans Well-Known Member

Prices in Melbourne can get as low as 3% management coms - but you really do get what you pay for (for that price you're better off opting for an online platform and basically doing the physical side of management yourself!). Melton/Rockbank - Bacchus Marsh area ranges from 5%-7%, I don't know an agent charging 8 in the area but I also don't secret shop my competitors.

If you want to chat about the area, the good the bad and the ugly, I'm happy to help.

Altona way there's so many agencies around. The challenge isn't always the right agency, but the right Property Manager. Big companies often have both good and bad PM's. You need to talk to a few and find one you're comfortable with if no one has been able to recommend someone. @Lil Skater has a great reputation but also not sure if she manages out West. I manage in the area as well, but I don't live in the area and the only homes I mange near by are from clients who have used my services previously and didn't want to change.

Good luck with your search!

craigc and Lil Skater like this.