PM professionalism question?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by TMNT, 9th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

is the PM acting reasonably?

1. yes,

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. no, they should at least take some responsbility

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. 50/50

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Should a stockbroker give you your money back if the market tanks? Should a lawyer cover your costs if you lose any litigation?

If a Dr advises that you are having a girl and you go out and buy all pink furniture and you have a boy should they re-reimburse you for the cost of blue stuff?

If they didn't do the right checks etc then maybe you could say they owe you in negligence, but otherwise I think you're being unreasonable. They are also waiving your re-letting fees. Seem like they're okay to me.

2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

A stock broker just buys the share that you ask them to
    If you are talking about a full service stock broker then yeah. If they keep on recommended duds i wouldnt say oh thats bad luck. If i continued to use their services id expect a discount or some concession. Becuase they are PROFESSIONAL. They are supposed to be professionals in their field

If the doctor fails to diagnose you for cancer and sends you home with aspirin. What do you think could happeb. The doctor could get sued for millions for negligence

Aa for going to court and losing. That means nothing. My tenant who was 8 to 10 weeks behind in rent and hadnt paid a cent for weeks got another two weeks to to make good. Obviously we didnt see a cent. And we still had to make the house avaialble for them to move out and leave a path of destruction.

As far as im concerned..in a fair world, after 4 weeksof arears.i should be allowed to readvertise and remove all their stuff to storage while me changing the locks and they can only have their stuff back if they pay all their arreara

Howevee. Reality isnt like this. Fair or not

Reality is not fair

3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Choose better tenants. Single mum with four kids has rent default written all over it. Been there, done that.

I laugh at my PM when offered these types of tenants. It's a lucky dip finding a good one.

I'd give your PM another chance provided this is the first time they picked a dud.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

The single mum or the defaulting tenants?

5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

They're the same. Heh?

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@datto 'll do anything provided it has a pulse ;)

7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

It's my nature to give em a second chance. lol.

8. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Have learnt my lesson. It was my pm that actually said the application wasnt perfect but why not give them a shot

As for giving them anothee shot, depending on their professionalism. Am happy to do so

9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

^^^^^^ fair enough.

10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The other applicants must have been pretty poor if that was your best option TMNT.

11. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I agree with the above... REA are not miracle workers and it sounds like it was unavoidable/unforeseeable, so no negligence.