PM never gave me back a signed copy of entry report

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by mgmgrand, 5th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mgmgrand

mgmgrand Well-Known Member

Just started renting after the sale of our house in qld. Given the initial entry report which we added to as there were a few issues with the property which the agent just ticked.
    Now 3 weeks later we haven't got a copy of the final report.
    They are supposed to give us a copy within 14 days of us returning the form to them eg their time has expired.

In qld. Is this unusual? I would have thought the PM isn't doing their job properly and any dispute they may have when we leave is invalid due to their non completion of a final report.

Mental note. Never go with them for our rental properties!

2. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

Howdy, straight up issue the Lessor/Agent a Form 11 Notice to Remedy Breach for not supplying you a copy of the entry report within the required time frame. Link: Notice to remedy breach (Form 11) | Residential Tenancies Authority

That should resolve the issue in 99.9% of cases. If they still don't provide you with a copy, call the RTA and make a complaint against the Lessor/Agent - Ph: 1300 366 311.

Last edited: 5th Mar, 2019
  3. Bradley Peet

Bradley Peet Well-Known Member

DO NOT do the above yet. You don't swat a fly with a bazooka until you have too.

Remind the PM first that you haven't received a copy back, 99.32% chance the PM has just forgotten, will apologize and email a copy through.

Resolved.

4. mgmgrand

Thks.
    I would have assumed it makes any entry report invalid.as it has not been signed by the pm

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It may well be signed, you just don't have a copy yet.
    Give them a bell and request your copy

6. mgmgrand

I would have thought that as a tenant it would have to follow the law eg 14 days. Otherwise the tenant could extend the time it takes to fill in their version of the entry report whenever it suits them

Very unprofessional by the PM

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Call the RTA and they will answer your question.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  8. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

It's not really a bazooka lol, it's just the next escalation of "hey I've asked you casually" and they're still not getting the message, which unfortunately a lot of tenants get treated like dirt by agents because tenants are unaware or afraid to exercise their rights under the law.

Nb. when I posted I'd assumed the OP had already asked them for a copy and that's why they were posting here for advice on what to do next :)

9. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

You still haven't told us whether you've actually made an effort to ask/remind them that they haven't sent you a copy yet?

No. It does not invalidate the entire entry condition report if they don't provide your signed copy within 14 days.

On a side note, the agent is supposed to sign the report before they give it to you.

Tenants have three days to return the report. That time period is in place to stop tenants adding comments on items outside of the condition at entry.

Michael Mitchell likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia