PM lost my 2nd set of keys

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by kimba88, 12th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

ha ha, you are one of those lovely organised landlords. We normally get handed a shoe box full of every key the property has ever had in it's entire history of construction and we need to sort through them and find the ones that still work.

Lil Skater, wylie, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Oops, guilty:)

Xenia likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Try to do this, I try and get every single key I can, I ask agents to speak to owners before settling to ask them to look for any spare or any keys at all, then if vacant, go and check what keys there are, what is missing etc......

If we have to get a locksmith, we get them to key alike including the screens if key type can be done.

But sometimes prior owners or whatever have gone and put locks on windows etc and everything is different.

I think your organised Kieran :) You could be a PM ;)

kierank likes this.
  4. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

Current PM needs to pay to have new set of keys cut, or a lock smith to change locks/ key alike, they will also have the proof that keys were signed for.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia