PM in Melton, VIC

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by vdm, 13th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. vdm

vdm Member

Can people please recommend a good property manager in the Melton area and what sort of management fees they charge?

thanks a lot in advance.

2. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Gday mate, I can PM the one I use, plus my experiences with them, to help you make an informed decision if you're considering my one :)

Michael Mitchell and vdm like this.
  3. vdm

vdm Member

Thanks a lot Kael for your reply.

4. StarWars

StarWars Member

Guys, I am looking for a PM in Melton. Can you please share your recommendation and experience.

Thanks a lot.

5. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Not sure if @Lil Skater covers that area but she would definitely be my first choice! Here's her website Qura Property

- Andrew

6. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Thanks Andrew!

Unfortunately I don't cover Melton @StarWars and I'm struggling to come up with a name for someone else in the area. I'd suggest you PM the ones above and see what their experiences have been :)

7. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Hi @vdm

I will PM you with a recommendation.

Lil Skater likes this.
  8. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

I used a couple of different agents in the area for my properties and found Kristi at Sweeney's to be the best out of the ones I tried.

StarWars, Lil Skater and EN710 like this.
  9. StarWars

StarWars Member

Thanks @Kinnon.
    Melton has finally had some price movement! :)
    One key lesson from Melton is to always keep a property in good condition/upgrade to attract/keep good tenants. This seems to apply more in a cheaper areas such as Melton than blue chip. Spending $2K on a property worth $1M seems easier than a $250K property.

10. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

I’ve sent you a PM with a recommendation

StarWars likes this.
  11. StarWars

StarWars Member

Thanks @Skinman

Melton seems to be gentrifying and getting better. My experience has been I pay more agent fees % in Melton with a lot more maintenance after tenancy.
    How are you finding managing the "affordable"/lower value properties vs the expensive?
    Any difference?

12. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

I try not to manage as much as possible and that’s why I put a lot of effort into finding a good PM.

In terms of tenant issues and repairs etc required I don’t think there is much difference. I try to buy from long term O/O rather then ex rental stock if possible and don’t mind paying a slight premium if required. A few grand extra at purchase can save vacancy and the need to spend the same money or more on carpets / paint jobs etc. (I’m not bothered about a few grand worth of depreciation from doing it myself).

In terms of tenants I think you get good and bad however much the rent is it or the demographic. I think it helps having come from the lower end of the social economic spectrum to understand that even rough places have good honest people.

StarWars likes this.
  13. StarWars

StarWars Member

This a great point... the few extra grand on carpets, paint, etc. This applies across the board.

Agreed..when we get good tenants, it is cool bananas. It is when I become lazy and don't put in the effort in maintaining the property, end up costing more.

Skinman likes this.
  14. StarWars

StarWars Member

Thought I would update this thread @Skinman. Following on from your input... I "cleaned up" the place... paint the kitchen cupboards, new split ac, etc. Touchwood.... the property has been leased to the same great tenant who prepays and looks after the place!