PM couldnt find keys for Open House on Sat

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by bythebay, 26th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

sounds like what we are experiencing in our office building. we wanted to lease a storage area. agent came and realised building manager absent, so no key. then the next time she came but the room has a different lock. time waster.

2. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Useless!

I've done this before, left a key in the office and had hubby send me a random locksmiths number to let me into the property for the open.. Now pretty much all the properties are on key safe just in case, and I haven't done it since.

I'd ask for some sort of compensation, or at least go to the director and question why this even happened. Not good enough.

Magnet likes this.
  3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've got key safes on our properties which is a huge help and money saver if the alternative is paying a locksmith.

4. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Mea Culpa! 30 years ago I couldn't open a bedsitter for inspection, I had a bunch of about 30 different keys, and ONE of them worked.. If you put the key in the lock and twiddled it.. I am sure I died a thousand deaths, but next time I got it open..fast forward to the OP I would ask for the managing agent for a discount.. ! I hope this helps

5. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

this is another one of the PMs screw up but landlord suffers all the conseuqneces without compensation type situations that I have mentioned previously

6. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

hmm you would think that due to the level of competition in the industry, the professionalism may increase.

7. Abooking

Abooking Well-Known Member

Call the boss of the agency and ask for a waiving of the letting fee or you will move to a new agent.

8. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Forgot the keys......or just did not make it ?

If they were there, I would expect they could say how many turned up and a decent operator would ask for details and or inform of next open.

Lil Skater likes this.
  9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Good idea. Also should schedule another open to suit those who want to see it at a time that suits "them" and not just schedule another open. But I'd also not want to pay the letting fee which is more than a week's rent. And you'd be missing that first week due to the agent.