PM changing trust accounts - new fees

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by mikey7, 31st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My PM is changing trust accounts for whatever reason, and needs a new 'Property Occupations' Form 6 signed. (IP is in QLD).

As I was going through the form, I noticed a section that they have highlighted under advertising/marketing.

When I engaged the PM when I bought the property, they stated all the basic marketing etc was included in the letting fee (1 weeks rent + 10%). I did not pay any more than that, and it was listed on RE.com and a few other sites with all photos, floor plan etc. The previous form does not have any amount listed in that section.

Now, the new form (as attached), has specific marketing 'packages' which they have highlighted and obviously want me to choose from.

Anyone else seen this before? Wondering if they are trying to trick me into paying more? Haven't called them yet - at Lollipops Playland (its a tad too loud to make a call).

They say in the email "Please be assured that there are no changes to any of the fees that you are currently paying and it is business as usual. There will be no change in the management of your property - the day to day management will continue with the Team at xxx".

If there are no changes, why am I to select to allow additional costs that up to now have been included?

Curious what others think.

Attached Files:

2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I think the best thing to do is just speak to them and find out more information. There could be many reasons for this but the fee structure shouldn't change.

3. oojpp

oojpp Member

Hi there, first time poster so forgive me if I make a mistake. I would say the marketing fees would have something to do with additional advertising on realestate.com.
    Is there still a free option? There maybe an additional fee for a highlight or feature listing that you maybe able to choose

4. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

There could be several reasons for this change, it does look as though it is going to cost you more in the advertising in the future. I would suggest you clarify this with your PM prior to signing. Also worth asking the question "will my advertising choice affect the time it takes to rent my property?"

We don't charge additional fees for advertising this is all included in our letting fee.

Is this an extra charge that investors are now paying in QLD?

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.