Plumbing inspection not done

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by bbinvest, 20th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bbinvest

bbinvest Member

I am currently selling a property in QLD, which I built in 2009. A council search has revealed that a plumbing inspection was never carried out:

Plumbing Records
    Description of Works: Dwelling
    Plumbing Permit No.: xxxxx
    Plumbing Approval Date: 25 May 2009
    Final Inspection Date: No record of final inspection

Can anyone assist with the scope of this inspection firstly and who should have organised for it to be done? The builder presumably.

Shazi likes this.
  2. Tools

Tools Well-Known Member

Is it mandatory for a final inspection in Qld? In Vic only about 5% of jobs are inspoected once paperwork is submitted. They seem to target areas rather than plumbers so some plumbers can go years without an inspection.

Tools

willair likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Sounds like NSW too. My plumber told me that although he submits the paperwork including plans etc, inspectors will book inspection etc (plumber is expected to be present) but the inspector rarely shows.

4. bbinvest

bbinvest Member

In the end it was an easy thing to get organised, and because it was paid for as part of the original application but never done, the council inspected it for free.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia