Pls advise if these are great investment opportunities Drouin & Ballarat Vic

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Journe3, 21st Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Journe3

Journe3 Member

Morning Pcs,

After searching high and low for property investment ideas in Victoria, I came accross these 2 properties. I know the advice here is never to do home and land packages- but I couldn't find a home in this price range if not building. These 2 properties will be buy and hold unless after build they appreciate so much then I can sell and use the profit elsewhere ;

IP 1 - Location Drouin Vic
    Land already titled - 440sqm meaning I can start building asap.

Still deciding whether to build an 18sqm 3 or 4 bed. Same cost with the builder just that bedrooms and living room Will be smaller if I make it 4 bedroom.

I am leaning towards a 4 bedroom it regardless though it will end up being a smaller 4 bedroom for the area.

Total Cost - $390, 000 for me would be.

Average house price according to Real Estate in Drouin;

1. 3 Bed house - $440, 000
    2. 4 Bed house - $570,000

Average rental price for the property;

1. 3 Bed house - $360 per week
    2. 4 Bed house - $400 per week

I have minimal stamp duty for this property and after 90% lend on this property coupled with low interest rates, I should be able to keep this property with less hustle from my end. It will be new, less maintenance as heaps will still be covered under the builders warranty. There is lack of rentals at the moment in Drouin, property very close to one of the great schools in that area.

What is your advice ? Is this a sound investment property gurus?

2. Journe3

Journe3 Member

Here is another Ballarat IP located in Winter Valley.

Home and Land which will title around October;
    Land- 440sqm
    Home - 4x2 one living room
    Total turnkey package - $425,000

Average house Prices according to Real Estate.com.au:

3 Bed house -470,000
    4 Bed house -460,000

Average Rental Price;
    3 Bed house - 360 per week
    4 Bed house - 390 per week

We intend to buy and hold this property as well. Unless of course prices unexpectedly shoot up and we sell on completion and use the funds somewhere else.

Same advantages as the property above. Low entry costs, new house, hopefully we get decent tennants & growth.

What are your thoughts and advice?
    Could not find other alternatives as I am looking to balance the cash flow bit......and hopefully good growth.
    And if anything should happen, we could gift the kids these properties so they can start somewhere in the next 10 or so years.

What other alternatives should we have considered or can consider??

I have read and played on this forum for some time and the advice had been.....stay away from these shiny new builds....However , I could not find an existing house in those surbubs below the above prices....