Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Please help me to select a selling agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Angel, 11th Oct, 2015.

1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

19th Jun, 2015
    Paradise, Brisbane
    We are ready to sell the house in Gladstone. The current tenant is agreeable to the possibility he will have to vacate early, and I was going to use the agent that has been dealing with my tenant for the past six months. She owns the agency that manages the lease and we have a good rapport since 2012. However she uses a salesman that we have never met and his name is on the contract I received on Friday.

We have been introduced to a different agent who comes highly recommended and has no ties to this house. I have spoken to her on the phone a few times with a positive vibe.

Any suggestions as to how we choose. I really don't like the idea of a person I have never even spoken to on the phone (the guy).
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

23rd Jun, 2015
    Have a look at their recent sales results. I recently selected an agent in Melbourne based on good marketing campaigns (check current and recent listings), good sales results for the area, willingness to negotiate and good communication. I think getting a positive vibe from a person is important.