Please help me to select a selling agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Angel, 11th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hi
    We are ready to sell the house in Gladstone. The current tenant is agreeable to the possibility he will have to vacate early, and I was going to use the agent that has been dealing with my tenant for the past six months. She owns the agency that manages the lease and we have a good rapport since 2012. However she uses a salesman that we have never met and his name is on the contract I received on Friday.

We have been introduced to a different agent who comes highly recommended and has no ties to this house. I have spoken to her on the phone a few times with a positive vibe.

Any suggestions as to how we choose. I really don't like the idea of a person I have never even spoken to on the phone (the guy).

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Have a look at their recent sales results. I recently selected an agent in Melbourne based on good marketing campaigns (check current and recent listings), good sales results for the area, willingness to negotiate and good communication. I think getting a positive vibe from a person is important.