QLD Please advise about Tweed Heads

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by iloveqld, 3rd Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

I am looking to buy something near the border to see if I can reduce some land tax in the next buy.

How do you guys think about the area around Tweed Heads or South of it? I've never been there except a few flight from Gold Coast airport, so please help.

Assuming budget is anything below 2mil, the less the better as I still want to accumulate a few small PI.

Thanks,

2. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

I have been active in the Tweed region for a number of years. I like it for investing. Nice low vacancy rates (one of my favourite metrics) mean strong rents, variety of older/ugly dwellings (ripe for value add) and some wealthier areas are quite close to some cheaper areas (proximity to higher ECB is good). As long as you know what you are doing I think the long term prognosis is good. Suggest units from $300k-$500k, townhouses from $400k-$700k and houses from $550k-$900k depending on what kind of quality streets and buildings you want to target.

Definitely no need to spend $2m in one hit. Are you hoping to value add or chase cashflow or something else?

iloveqld likes this.
  3. iloveqld

iloveqld Well-Known Member

Thank you, I mostly aim at land banking for now, so old houses only in good positions.

BuyersAgent likes this.
  4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Very attractive region. Beware flooding in low-lying areas or places where the access road will be cut. There is plenty of high land around.

gman65 and BuyersAgent like this.