Plan Endorsement Conditions

Discussion in 'Development' started by kkbk2000, 17th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kkbk2000

kkbk2000 Member

I applied for the planning permit for 4 town houses (3 bed 2 bathrooms) in Knox council. I received my permit however there are conditions for the endorsement. Apart from the other conditions on the permit, one of the conditions is to make Unit 2 & 3 as 2 bedroom to increase internal space and give better dwelling diversity.
    Both town houses around 15 to 16 squares in size.
    Attached are the planning drawing.
    According my Architect since this is on planning permit, this has to be either fulfilled or we need to go to VCAT.

Not sure how can council provide such a big condition on planning permit.

As per my Architect he can make unit 2 & 3 as 2 bedder with one convertible living room/study and one garage.

Just want to ask all experience people here what are the chances of going to VCAT and be able to get an approval for 3 bedroom for unit 2 & 3.

Attached Files:

2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

Stop asking your Architect and ask an experienced planner - it's a different game and subtle.
    I suspect the condition may not be valid (although in place). Lodge an appeal with VCAT against the condition, then negotiate with the Council. Or better still start negotiations with the Council before you lodge. Engage a planner - don't do it yourself, and have them talk to someone more senior than the planner who dealt with the application

Sackie, lixas4 and Anthony416 like this.
  3. JHC

JHC Member

Your architect's advice is sound. Keep one area as living/study to satisfy the 2bedroom requirement.

Going to VCAT means adding at least 3 months to your project not to mention the extra cost all for an unpredictable outcome