Places to go in Sunshine coast, surfers and Noosa -- recommendations please

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 10th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Anyone done this? Worthwhile?

Screenshot_20210211-173650.png

2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Yeah wife and kids did it...they didn't rave about it. And they paid half price too.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

How old the kids at the time?

4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Not as young as yours...teens and an 8 yr old. And they're spoilt, so there's that too.

5. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I’ve lived in Brisbane twice, Perth twice. I’m staying in Perth now for that reason. I’ve worn jeans all day and very comfortable.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Isn't Perth supposed to be super hot??

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hehe ok...

My Abbey is only 2....if I tell her.... that spot on the wall is pretty... she'll be all over it like white on rice:D

8. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

No, I think it’s a bit more like Sydney. We have 4 seasons unlike Brisbane having 2. I love September in Brisbane but that’s about it. We have a dry heat. I think that made me feel hot at first but now I’m starting to feel the humid days here and we tend to be getting a bit more. We get the Fremantle doctor/sea breeze around 3.00pm which gives you cooler nights then Bris. Had a blanket on my bed for the past week. It was hot & humid the week before this though.

Sackie likes this.
  9. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

Perth is nearly on the same latitude as Port Macquarie.

10. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Brisbane gets bay breezes as well. I find Perth so much hotter than Brisbane. If talking about Perth, not Brisbane city but bayside is more comparable. Nudgee, Banyo, Manly etc

Angel likes this.
  11. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Perth is a beautiful city, and does have four seasons. Heat is dry but Jan and Feb temps must be brutal. Every time we've been there though the doctor never fails to surface.

Brisbane is humid in the summer. More so inland and river suburbs. Bayside would have breezes to help. In my patch, temps rarely rise above 32C. There are two seasons in Paradise. Three months of summer and nine months of spring. Breezes most days if on or near water and occasional humidity.

Sydney also gets humid in the summer. If work and life circumstances allow, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast are the picks for me. Brisbane is a nice city, but we left Melbourne 10 years ago to leave metropolis behind.

Lacrim, Angel and Sackie like this.
  12. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I so wanted to live in Blue mountains when I was in Sydney. Beautiful area, great people. Never happened :D
    Wonder if it will become the “greater Sydney “ now

13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

April in SEQ should be lovely. Beware the school holidays traffic on the motorways and at the coasts.

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input, I've added a few places from this thread to my list. Leaving April 19. Can't wait until international borders open!

15. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Couple of responses: rather than respond to all:

Fraser Island: Highly recommend the tour that goes up to the Maheno shipwreck on Fraser Island - bigger ‘bus/4x4’ so it goes faster along the beach and you get to explore a lot further than other 4x4’s in your time on the island.
    From Rainbow Beach: Fraser Island Full-Day Coach Tour
    I think this was the one (few years back). Well worth it, couple of swimming opportunities as well.
    Can be done in a ‘big’ day trip from Sunshine Coast/Noosa surrounds but will be an early start.

O’Reilly’s - ensure you get there before too late in the day so the kids (and you) get the opportunity to feed the lorikeets/rosellas.
    Road in is twisty & narrow and will take longer than you think. Can be fun or not depending if you like driving or your passengers stomach tolerance.
    Treetop walk also worth it while you are there (easy walk).
    If you get the opportunity beforehand watch the Jack Thompson movie on the true story of the Stinson plane that went down to get an appreciation of the area. (‘Riddle of the Stinson’ - recommend)

Big Kart track Caloundra: big/fun track & go karts. Pretty self explanatory & if you get a light shower of rain can make it even more fun.

When staying in Gold Coast think about what your family likes - if prefer quieter & more relaxed - perhaps stay out of Surfers more Broadbeach or Mermaid Beach low rise areas.

Prefer lots of action, bars, restaurants etc - reverse the above suggestion. For a big family group perhaps some self contained apartments and get your groceries from Pacific Fair for the week.

Note that the theme parks are at Coomera and a bit of a drive or a bus trip from Surfers or accomodation. Consider also Aussie Outback Spectacular which is next to wet n wild & Movie World.

Good luck & enjoy!

Last edited: 15th Feb, 2021
    Player and Sackie like this.
  16. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

If Disneyland ever set up shop in the GC, I'd move there.

craigc likes this.
  17. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

When on the Sunshine Coast - Also don’t forget to grab a chocolate / ice cream or wander through the shops near ‘The Edge’ at Montville for spectacular views while you eat / snack.

18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@craigc

Thanks for your input mate, much appreciated! I'm Googling all the places you said and adding things in to my itinerary.

Thks again for taking the time

craigc likes this.
  19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@craigc have you been to the Aussie outback show? It looks amazing! Is it still worth it if you can't eat any of their food?

Is it a day show?

20. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Yes but it was approx 10 years ago.
    I’d suggest good for kids and ‘tourists’ but good fun.
    I recall being squeezed in - not uncomfortable but max capacity - think of say, theatre restaurant seating & food.
    I don’t think there was a lunch session, only once a day dinner & shows. Website/Facebook probably is best to check for the latest info/schedules.
    These days most dietary requirements can be met so might be worth asking to check?

Good luck

Sackie likes this.