Pipes sticking up from new subdivision??

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by mgmgrand, 18th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. mgmgrand

mgmgrand Well-Known Member

Just bought new land in Brisbane. We had contour surveys done. Noticed 2 pipes sticking up from ground...one orange pipe and one thick white one that is capped. Probably the white one is sewerage pipe but what is the orange one?? Contour surveys say...electrical conduit. Why would this be there?? We have overhead power lines outside the boundary.

Could we connect up new power to these conduit pipes??

Thks in advance

2. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

You remind me of my wife, she constantly says "Hey, what's this?" when I can't clearly see her. ;)

AxeLy and Stoffo like this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Highly likely that the white is your sewer connection.

Orange generally is an electrical conduit. In the area is it normal for new dwellings to be required convert power from overhead to a power dome for new construction?

Antoni0 and Stoffo like this.
  4. mgmgrand

mgmgrand Well-Known Member

It's part of a new development. Down the road they have underground power connected but I don't know for us.

That's why I wanted help in asking what those pipes are for?? New connection when we build?

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Did chicken little draw up your contour map ?

I bet you paid good money for the contour survey, so WHY are you second guessing a paid professional written statement !

Are you just that bored ?

You don't even have a house to connect to the electical grid !

Your builder will know where, when and how (and it will be in your contract with them) so you really do have bigger issue's to worry about than this !

You answered your own question

Last edited by a moderator: 22nd Jan, 2021
  6. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

It's just a question, relax.

Are you?

It's just a question.

This is all you had to say instead of coming off toxic...

Last edited by a moderator: 22nd Jan, 2021
    AxeLy and Joynz like this.
  7. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Thanks Dan, I get your point.
    I don't know about you, but gee there have been some stupid questions here lately !
    Makes me wonder how people manage to survive life :rolleyes:

* I am glad I took out some of what I originally wrote, mods might have given me a break....

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2021
    jared7825 likes this.
  8. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

It's usually this from my experience, when they develop the new block they'll need to continually run the cables underground, sometimes it also happens when the developer is required to widen the road as part of the DA.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Well-Known Member

If it's in Brisbane it will be QUU for the sewer - very unlikely a sewer house connection will be sticking out of the ground and it would be PE, not white PVC.
    If it's a 40mm orange conduit that would be a location marker for the sewer house connection.
    Depends on location but white PVC conduit could be stormwater connection or a redundant service marker from vacuum excavation

10. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

No questions are stupid though.

The fact that I just learnt what an orange and white pipe up from the ground on land could possibly be, definitely demonstrates that..

If you're getting annoyed with the repeat of questions and still feel the need to respond. Maybe just link an old post, an article or just share your knowledge I also didn't know it would be in the contract...

Now again, I've learnt something new :)

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice