QLD Pimpama (QLD) house & land packages

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by D'Mo, 30th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. D'Mo

D'Mo Well-Known Member

an interstate agent has been in talks with a family member of mine, who is wanting to buy something in QLD

he is suggesting a new house & land package in Pimpama, stating that its a 'safe choice' and worth looking into

i personally dont think this is a great idea but is there something i could be missing?

2. Roosterman

Roosterman Well-Known Member

I think you are right to be sceptical, land is not scarce there

3. hpresident

hpresident Well-Known Member

It's a terrible idea. Like Roosterman said land is not scarce there. The agent is probably selling you with some phrase like "in between Brisbane and Gold Coast best of both world" in reality it is more worst of both world middle of no where location.

4. Hanison

Hanison Well-Known Member

It's the middle of bum **** nowhere.

5. CJP

CJP Active Member

Spruker tried to sell me a house and land package there about 4 years ago now, I nearly went in due to my lack of knowledge and trusting a "professional". Of all people why dad talked me out of it after a quick google search and google maps showing abundance of land release around there and lack of infrastructure. Please don't go there, no growth drivers, cheap, middle of no where, zero land scarcity. Plenty of other good value options in QLD , not there.

Tekoz likes this.
  6. Sequin

Sequin Member

On the plus side the Coomera Town Centre, next suburb, is supposed to open, first stage, end of next year. State has committed funds to upgrade one of the M1 overpasses.

Pimpama is the hot spot of building (houses) on the Gold Coast at the moment, and will be for several years to come, just as Upper Coomera was in the past decade.

On the minus side, a lot of land, a lot of small lots, undifferentiated product. Good train access to Brisbane.

7. Set81

Set81 Active Member

Park Trent were trying to sell those around there , their driver was Westfields investing one billion dollars in the area for a shopping centre

8. panda878

panda878 Member

We were looking into the area as well after a colleague spoke about their experiences with house and land... I had read here and elsewhere that it was a bad idea due to land availabilty... However, I came across this broadhectare development plan for SEQld and in my uneducated opinion it looks like while yes there is a lot of land, not all of it will be available for some time.. I'd be interested in others opinions as I think the map could be a useful tool.

http://www.qgso.qld.gov.au/products/maps/broadhectare-study-interactive-map/index.php

Tekoz likes this.
  9. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

From quick look at the website below
    http://www.realestate.com.au/neighbourhoods/upper coomera-4209-qld

Coomera & Upper Coomera should be the next boom spot due to:

1. In the middle between Brisbane and Gold Coast.
    2. the price of house is on the way up from 2012 trough.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

10. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Coomera to Surfers Paradise - 27.4klm
    Coomera to Brisbane CBD - 62.8klm
    Not really in the middle, more Gold Coast than Brisbane for sure, most Bris people consider it GC, cant see too many growth drivers myself, GC is all about lifestyle with the beach and entertainment top of the list and for me Coomera is just a little bit too far away.

Are prices up because of new construction skewing the data?

Tekoz likes this.
  11. Jen--jen

Jen--jen Member

The upside of this area is there is a lot of development happening; the town centre, major sporting centres, and the area is marked for a hospital in the near future.

12. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

the price would need to be very right

some great private schools have set up in the region, bu youd want a decent discount over something available in say the Coomera area

ta
    rolf