Picks for each capital city

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Inov8ive, 27th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Yes, I have an interest in Wynnum,and also Thorneside, particularly top end of Mooroondu point.

2. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Umina beach/woywoy ish?

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Nov, 2016
  3. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

Avoca/Terrigal way

4. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Very nice.

I'm a bit biased as my family has an IP in the area, but if you're employed in the CBD, i think it's crazy to buy out in western syd when similar $ gets you the great lifestyle in the central coast.

Last edited by a moderator: 4th Nov, 2016
  5. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

I work in Parramatta at the moment but I have the opportunity to work in the CBD or up the coast as well, the positions on the coast are highly sought after though. My wife and I grew up in the Western suburbs so it was a big decision to shift the family but we can't wait to get up there now, hopefully end of next year.

Daniel007 and Gockie like this.
  6. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

No I definitely do not think they are in a high price bracket when you look at the surrounding suburbs such as West Ryde, Epping or even Newington. These suburbs have great transport to the city including train, ferry, bus and arterial roads. They are brilliantly placed to take full advantage of all of the development happening to Parramatta including the plans for light rail. These areas are a great option for families who work in Parramatta, the city or Macquarie park and houses on a decent block of land sell for well under a mill. These two areas are my pick for the most growth in Sydney over the next five years.

WattleIdo likes this.
  7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

If they build that light rail/tram whatever it will be to Carlingford (which is kinda silly as a terminus...) it will help. Plus Rydalmere has the Western Sydney Uni campus, Ermington has a lot of new builds near the river (on small land!!) that have sold at around the 1.1mill mark. But I have a feeling the prices have moved heaps already in these areas though, not sure if there will be too much additional CG left for 2016-2020. These suburbs don't have a good train station, and the buses apart from the M52 are only so-so.
    Anyway, happy to just say my opinion is simply different to yours.
    Edit: best time to buy Ermington? 2012 (or 2009)

Screenshot_2015-12-28-21-54-20.png Screenshot_2015-12-28-21-53-44.png

Last edited: 28th Dec, 2015
  8. Inov8ive

Yeah no probs, everyone has an opinion and I have been wrong before. But these areas have only moved inline with the rest of Sydney but certainly nothing like other areas along the river. The Parramatta factor is going to be the main driver for Sydney in the next few years in my opinion.

Last edited: 28th Dec, 2015
    Gockie likes this.
  9. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Rydalmere has good transport options? I used to work in Rydalmere and hated that train line with a passion.

10. Inov8ive

Fair enough the train line is not amazing but what other Sydney suburbs have train, bus, ferry, arterial roads and likely light rail? I would say definitely yes Rydalmere has good transport options.

11. Gockie

Id say mediocre at best... yes it has bus services down Victoria Rd but the Ferries come very infrequently and if Parramatta river overflows, you'll have buses replacing Ferries, the train line is crap, the light rail will replace the trains... I had a friend living in Dundas (Park Rd) and her normal routine was to drive her car to Auburn and catch a train from there to get to the city rather than take a local service!

12. Inov8ive

I live walking distance from Cabarita ferry terminal and I catch a ferry to work about half the time and it's brilliant. My sister lives in Rydalmere and also frequently catches the ferry which come very often in peak hours and is a very viable option to commute as is bus as is driving- and I agree the train is crap but many people use it. Lastly, you seem to keep perceiving this as a purely commuter suburb to the city when the city transport is really just an aside. The proximity to the fastest growing business hubs of Parramatta and Macquarie Park would be the main reason these suburbs would be really appealing.

13. neK

neK Well-Known Member

M52 Bus City > Rydalmere/Ermington > Parramatta.
    Not the fastest bus ride to the CBD, but pretty quick commute for those that work in Parramatta.
    Train line is shocking though, there's one physical train line (where all other Sydney train lines have at least two). I was looking forward to that parramatta carlingford epping extension but that never eventuated.

14. Gockie

Ok... but to get to Macquarie Park the only real way is to drive... there's no direct public transport unless I'm mistaken? You'd go West Ryde Station then two trains or go towards to Parramatta and a fairly substantial bus ride?

Agree Rydalmere and Ermington are close to Parramatta and its easy to between these locations though. I think it's not so likely both adults of a couple will work in Parramatta, if they are buying a $1mill - $1.3mill home however.

15. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Why not Silverwater then? Its just the opposite on Silverwater Rd of Newintgon.

16. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I would have thought most people drive if they work around the Macquarie Park / North Ryde area. I would have guessed that the reason for a place like Ermington to move up would be its proximity to Parramatta (especially with its grand plan).

17. Gockie

I grew up in Dundas Valley and currently work in Parramatta, and have a unit in West Ryde.
    The price in West Ryde should be higher... better transport. But I feel Rydalmere and Ermington have already caught up a heap recently. We nearly bought a ppor in Ermington I think end of 2007/beginning of 2008. (8 Tristam St). I just looked it up... it seems they took about 50k less than they wanted initally and it sold over a year later lol. Anyway, amazing views over the river to SOP. But for us, the transport was a definite negative so we continued to look.

I simply think these suburbs are already fully priced more or less. Even for developers etc.

Much too industrial. My dad taught me to drive there when I was 14.... yes, completely underage with no license... remember... I grew up in Dundas Valley!!!
    Also, I live in North Epping and worked in Macquarie Park... omg... the local traffic at Macquarie Park... (and then Epping Rd)... you could shoot me now. So much bloody traffic!

But I admit, the traffic might not be so bad coming from Ermington and Rydalmere though.

18. Inov8ive

My sister works in Parra and her husband works in Macquarie Park, and yes he drives. It's the perfect place for them. If one of them decides to take a job in the city then it will still be fine so it's a place that would suit a lot of people.

Gockie likes this.
  19. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Rydalmere has a fair amount of industrial as well

20. Inov8ive

As stated, too industrial. A bit soulless and not a nice place to live.