PIA Software

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by fernergan, 31st Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. fernergan

fernergan Member

How long did it take you all to get your head around the PIA Software (Property Investment Analysis for those who are new to it like me)

Currently puzzled by a few things in the software if any experienced users can help point me in the right direction, would be much appreciated!

The first is with the building depreciation schedule - for example if a property is 20 years old how do you factor this into the calculation? It looks to me like you can only depreciate for the full 40 years or none at all.

Secondly, in regards to income now; let's say I am on a $50k salary & expecting a 5% pay rise to $55k next year & from then onwards only expecting my income to increase annually at the same indexed rate as CPI for example 2 %. How do I enter this data as it looks like I can currently increase it at an annual rate of 5% or link it with CPI at 2% but no option to customise each year?

I'm a total noob, my apologies.

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of PIA.

I have used it for years, less so these days as I am in pension phase :).

I am down on the GC at the moment without my PC.

I will back home next week. If no-one helps you, PM me next week and I will respond to your questions.

fernergan likes this.
  3. fernergan

fernergan Member

Thanks @kierank I will take you up on that offer :):).

Cheers

kierank likes this.