PIA Software Help

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Biscuit, 2nd Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Member

Hi,

I have been playing around with PIA to run some projections and was hoping an expert could give me some advice. (I hope this is the right spot to ask this questions - it looks like the old Somersoft/PIA forums have merged into this forum.)

I have a few existing properties and I am a bit confused how to enter them into to software. The software does not seem to be designed for people to input up-to-date information about their properties as they stand now. It seems to be geared towards only collecting data for purchasing new properties.

I have created a file for each property with all the original purchase data, loan data etc...

For example:
    Property A
    End of Year (Purchase date) = 2017
    Loan data = P/I 30yr @ 3.2%, then 2.1% from 2020
    Rental Income = $375/wk (but now at $395/wk)

Property B
    End of Year (Purchase date) = 2018

Property C
    End of Year (Purchase date) = 2020

If I want to run projections from 2021 (today), it looks like I need to open the latest property (Property C), add properties A & B to the portfolio and then use the "+1yr" button to advance the year to 2021. Is this the correct way to use the tool?

Is it possible to input the properties as they stand today (with no purchase information) without breaking the background calculations?

Hope I explained that clearly and thanks in advance!

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I am not totally sure what you are trying to do but I am guessing you are trying to enter historical actuals for years that have passed and use the forecasting mechanism in the software for future years.

if so, why don't you enter past actuals direct in the Investment Analysis spreadsheet by double-clicking on the relevant cell to enter it. So, for Property A, leave 2017 data as is and then:
    1. Double-click on a Property Value cell and enter the actual value for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 using the Annual Growth Rates button in the bottom left hand corner. Unfortunately, you have to enter the actual %age growth for each year and then reset 2021 growth %age back to your forecast %age.
    2. Double-click on a Gross Rent/Week cell and enter the actual rent for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
    3. Same with depreciation of fittings.
    Repeat for Property B and C. Then open all three properties as a portfolio and check the results.

I would copy your three files to a play area, just in case you and/or I have stuffed things up. Hopefully not.

I trust the above has been helpful. If I have confused you, post again and I will see if I can explain things better.

Biscuit likes this.
  3. Biscuit

Biscuit Member

Hi kierank,

Your guess was correct; that was what I was asking.

I actually realised I could select the value in the spreadsheet and start typing directly into the spreadsheet without bringing up the popup and being forced to enter annual growth. After hitting enter, all other values were automatically updated.

This was exactly the help I needed - cheers!

kierank likes this.
  4. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Even I learnt something new. Thanks.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia