Photos: bad work?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by WattleIdo, 4th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Everyone in Parkes is having trouble getting Any tradie at Any time of the year because they're all worked to the max already.
    The tradies are having problems saying No. They want to do their own renos and spend time with their families.
    But they can't because everyone in Parkes is doing some kind of renovation.
    Suddenly in 2017 and 2018, every house needs renovating. Doesn't matter that no-one knew what it meant before, everyone's doing it now.
    Every house has asbestos.Every house has old carpet and lino. Every house needs a new bathroom. Landscaping. Fences. Roofing. Downpipes. You name it. There simply aren't enough tradies to go around. And they're all charging more than you pay in a capital city.

I lived and worked there for 5 years. I know people. People respect me. I pay up promptly.I speak nicely. I'm fair. I think things through and give clear instructions.

I'd rather call something out when I see it than take someone to court afterwards which I'm pretty sure is what's happening with the young carpenter and his last client. I don't think his tradie mates will be hanging out with him there. Karma's a *****.

Good business people are more concerned about making sure they deliver the goods be it high demand or low. They know that it won't be like this forever. They can't afford to take on other people's self-made problems.

There are good business people around and I'll be contacting them again.

Last edited: 5th Nov, 2018
    robboat and bob shovel like this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I DIY that :rolleyes: never did find that ticket in the corn flakes

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Stick with it and keep calling and asking around. Sounds like you're nearly there you may need to find a someone and get them in for weekend and after hours work. Like you've said; the busy period won't last and most will know that, find the tradies who want to make hay while the sun shines. Try and chase them down face to face so it's harder to say no and they understand the position you're in

WattleIdo likes this.
  4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Thanks mate ;)

5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

744.jpeg

Yay. Finally found someone decent - a brickie looking for something different and a way to get out of a weekend meetup playing bowls. (Also read: gentleman.)
    Put in my $150 cedar window (from old Wagga hospital), made copies of the old bricks, did it on the weekend. Peanuts.
    Next step, take down that plaster board and render the walls like I originally wanted.

Everyone's an expert apparently, but not many can actuaaly do the job, it seems. If the govt wants to do something useful with immigrants and refugees that will keep the economy moving, please send some tradies to Parkes.
    You'll need some resettlement programs and TAFE courses too. Cheers.

Last edited: 27th Oct, 2019
  6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Yeah, they don't even come from anywhere else much these days, definitely not Orange.
    Maybe Dubbo on a 'good' day.