VIC Peter Thornhill in Melbourne 24th June 2017

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Gockie, 5th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi Everybody,
    The brilliant man Peter is going to present in Melbourne on the 24th June. Location is planned to be the CAE in the city.
    Just like his Sydney events, it's a paid full day catered event with the same content. I went in February and was blown away.

Anyway, i'll have an Eventbrite link somewhat soonish. In the meantime, block this date in your calendar.
    Note: it will be "first in best dressed" for tickets.

His following events will be August and November in Sydney.
    :)

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

He should be energised and in fine form then after a month in Italy. Tough job trying to spend those dividends.

Are you linking this to the Thornhill thread given some of us only normally read the other assets section of forum?

3. Gockie

He gave me a bunch of dates and this seemed to work! Not in school holidays, and it seems to work for people...

4. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Sorry @Gockie what I meant was that having this event kept fresh on the Thornhill thread might result in it getting noticed More.

Given the effort you put into this event I'm just wanting it to be as successful as possible.

cheers

Gockie likes this.
  5. Gockie

Posting here in case this is the only section of the forum you look at!

The great man Peter Thornhill will present in Melbourne, mark the date in your calendar and tell your friends. Full day session, same content as Sydney and Brisbane, food provided. Discover why Peter has so many followers, and discover why i'm so enthusiastic about shares. He received so much great feedback after the Brisbane event... he had people attending after seeing him 18 and 20 years after attending previously. And they were so happy to have gone to see him again. He is that good.

Other than this Melbourne event he has 2 public Sydney events you can attend, they will be in August and November this year, bookable via Sydney Uni centre for Continuing Education.

Booking details for Melbourne to follow in a few days. Should be held at CAE in the city. :)

6. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

$?

7. Gockie

His Sydney courses are $410. It won't be more than that. I want to have discounts for people 30 and under, (Peter encourages younger people to attend his classes), and possibly a discount for people bringing friends. :)

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Once again who the hell is Peter Thornhill....is he like some psychic healer?

jim1964 likes this.
  9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Peter Thornhill

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Ta....sounds very interesting....but 400 bucks?

Is he worth it?

I like the stuff around dividends ...similar to what I plan to do....

11. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Seems like there is enough info around here reiterating what he does to save the $400 and put it towards investing...

Buy LIC that are industrials based with good history at or below NTA.
    Keep investing
    Re invest dividends
    Leverage in times of market falls and go harder
    Live of dividend

I'm just as happy buying his book for a lot less and reading that.

Barny likes this.
  12. Gockie

Thats it! You got it. :)
    For someone like me though, I got a huge amount of value from going. Sounds like you pretty much got it. I'd also add to your summary, he doesn't favour REITs. Also add on debt recycling and some leverage - use a LOC on your home loan, use it to borrow, get a bigger dividend. This gives you a tax deductible borrowing, and as it gives you extra dividends you can pay down a home loan faster (if you have one).

13. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

No problem with people investing in their education. But I think PC people can find everything they need within these forums and price together their own strategy.

I currently use reinvesting... development and H&L (buy build hold and buy build sell).

Migrating towards ppor ownership, debt recycling, LIC whilst continuing to buy build sell and occasionally buy build keep.

14. Gockie

Lots of ways to skin a cat :). And your plans sound fine, if it works, keep doing it.

As I said, I personally found it very useful to go. I've done well from the Sydney boom, its now difficult for me to borrow more.... I think read his book, read what's already posted, talk with other people... you've got it. :)

15. 738

738 Well-Known Member

Hi gockie, how does it enable you to pay your mortgage off faster if you keep reinvesting the dividends (as per strategy) and your are borrowing against home?

This is the part I can't get my head around!

16. Gockie

The extra dividends that come off the shares from borrowed money helps repay the mortgage. Then you can increase the LOC, buy more shares --> more dividends... over time, all the debt for the PPOR becomes debt for investment purposes.
    Screenshot_2017-05-06-07-57-59.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: 6th May, 2017
    738 likes this.
  17. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

For many new to shares who think reading a book, newsletters and some information on a forum is all that's needed then they're likely to be terribly disappointed when it comes to implementing and STICKING WITH the approach.

There are Share investors with 10, 20, 30 ... plus years experience who over the years have attended Thornhill's course for the second and third time. Some bring their adult children with them. They have also read his book, newsletters and information on forums. There's a reason why they keep coming back to the course which I'll leave you to ponder.

I probably have more knowledge about and experience with the Thornhill approach than most but I still continue to keep in touch with Peter and read any new literature from him to keep me from falling off the wagon.

As for being concerned about spending $410 for a full day presentation (including lunch) that could be life changing to your financial future is too expensive it's incomprehensible to me. An IP building and pest inspection will cost that much or more and it's a capital cost which you can't claim until you sell. The cost of attending this course is likely to be an immediate tax deduction this financial year!

That said we're all different but something to think about.

pwt and Gockie like this.
  18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Thanks mate!

Excellent summary...this was the premise of my share investing.....however...do not have LICs at the moment.

19. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

Any chance he could make his way to Canberra?

20. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

Plenty of values on top of his investment fundamentals. Particularly liked the way he taught investing to his children. Compounding from birth. That's really the best!

Nodrog and Gockie like this.