Peter Thornhill 2020

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by nofriends, 11th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

He he I know you well enough in that you wouldn’t be nasty. I just thought I’d provide some background on Peter’s character for those newer here.

As for the comparison to Navra earlier by another posted Navra was trying to flog his services / product (rubbish at that as some badly found out) through his courses hence why the course cost was cheap. It was bait. Peter is not selling anything, just providing information for others to do it themselves.

Froxy, mdk, kierank and 2 others like this.
  2. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

So no limited edition Peter Thornhill Coffee mugs?

Nodrog likes this.
  3. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

No, but you can buy t-shirts with the following print:D:

C2D3DC10-F5A9-4D1F-B6BA-1BC88EA56032.jpeg

DoggaPP, Froxy and Big A like this.
  4. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Done. Ill take 2. :p

5. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

That would have to be the biggest pile of BS I have ever read on PC. IMHO you have no idea.

When I was in business, we used to run Information Sessions for FREE. It was really difficult to "get bums on seats". We changed our approach and started to charge something like $100 to attend these 90 minute sessions, with a cuppa and nibbles at the end for networking. Due to demand, we had to run multiple sessions each month.

These "information sessions" were really a marketing activity and their main aim was to "get bums on seats" at our Training Workshops where we charged $700 per day per person.

Us humans are funny animals. Most/all of us don't value things we get for FREE.

At our Information Sessions and Training Workshops, we wanted attendees to take action. We found out the hard way that we had a lot more success when we charged them to attend (they perceive value) than to give it away for free (no perceive no/little value).

Out of interest, how many information sessions/training workshops have you conducted for FREE?

... and look how successful those poor people are who followed Steve's approach.

I attended a number of Steve's seminars. His sessions were like ours, a marketing activity to pull people in. I even invested some dollars into one of his managed funds (a speculative investment). We all know where those dollars went.

Totally disagree.

IMHO one would have to be an absolute idiot to take action on an opinion/post from someone on PC. Why would anyone believe something from someone they have never met? They could be as dodgy as (I trust readers of my posts put myself in that category).

On the other hand, if I attended a PT seminar (by the way I have never attended one but I have bought/read his book), at least I would have met the person, most likely asked questions in the workshop and during the breaks, ... and started to form an opinion as to their integrity, truthfulness, motivation, etc.

From reading his book, I understand the message that PT is delivering. I own a number of LICs, some are in common with PT.

But there are other things that I am in disagreement with PT; I am a big fan of property, I have serious funds invested in individual shares, etc.

I am not in the same league as PT but, to be honest, I couldn't be bothered to "get out of bed" to run a full day workshop for $200 per person. IMHO, he has under-priced the value of his message but that it entirely his choice.

Last edited: 12th Feb, 2020
    sharon, oddshapes, number 5 and 9 others like this.
  6. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

How in any way is this an apt comparison?

DoggaPP, Froxy, number 5 and 3 others like this.
  7. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

LOL:D. That’s the first thing I thought:confused:. Like you there’s things we don’t agree with Thornhill on but to compare the poor old bugger to Steve Navra was cruel to say the least:eek:.

willair and kierank like this.
  8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

IMHO, $200 is peanuts! If you want to whinge about high cost seminars, take a look at some of the property seminars. That's where the real money is made. At $200 he'd be lucky to have funds for a coffee after expenses.

PS, there's a world of difference between Thornhill & Navra.

See above!

Yep! TBH, I wouldn't get out of bed for $200 per head.

This!

DoggaPP, mdk, kierank and 2 others like this.
  9. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Any criticism doesn’t seem to hurting business:):

28B96C86-093C-4913-8092-FED92DD81B30.jpeg

DoggaPP likes this.
  10. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

In an odd way I'm enjoying this banter. Keep it up. It is revealing more than many may realise.

DoggaPP, number 5 and mdk like this.
  11. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

I am with you on some points but see things differently on others.
    No one should take action on an opinion from only one source period. Whether that's PC or an advisor or some media article. It may sound like I have taken action based on recommendations I have received on here. If I have that's because I have also researched that recommendation , spoke to my advisor about it and everything points to it being a good rec then I action it.

The part about meeting them in person to take consider there info / advice / recommendation or what ever you want to call it I see a little differently. I have not met a single person on this site. Yet I have learnt more from them than the advisors and multiple other sources available to me. Heck I haven't even met in person my current advisor who I have been working with for 12 months now. And yet I hold the opinion of many of the PC members and my advisor very highly. If there advice ( I know we don't officially call it advice ) lines up with all the other research I have done and direction I have received then I will act regardless of having seen there face or not.

I pretty much re jigged 50% of my equites portfolio based on the feedback I have received from the faceless men and women of PC. But was it purely because of their posts? No. My advisor also agreed it was a good strategy. Many other pieces of literature I read also pointed to it being a sensible strategy. And it made sense to me. So action it I did.

Now if it all goes bad I will hold @Nodrog responsible. :D

sharon, Anne11, Ardi and 1 other person like this.
  12. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

And one more thing, just in case it isn't clear. I am not a Peter Thornhill hater. I have never been to his seminars or read any of his books. What I have heard about him through this site has been very positive and think what he does to get people thinking and active in investing is great.

sharon and kierank like this.
  13. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

What, that old people get harassed more here than the young:D.

Geez big storm here, the rain has been belting down for well over a couple of hours now. So still confined to indoors. Who can I annoy: 3EB808FC-0B9F-457E-977E-12A01A22E277.jpeg

sharon, DoggaPP and kierank like this.
  14. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Yep just reinforces my view that old people get blamed and picked on most here:).

DoggaPP, Big A and kierank like this.
  15. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Close but not quite there yet.

Well stop doing it then. I'm a sensitive old age guy.

Big A likes this.
  16. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Ah, I am totally different.

I have met many PC members, some in Brisbane, some in Sydney and some in Melbourne. Some have been in a group environment, some have been one-on-one, over a coffee or two.

That is one of the key benefits of PC, meeting like-minded people face—to-face. I can’t recommend it enough.

Lauren350, Tobytom, Player and 4 others like this.
  17. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

One of the major themes to Peter’s writings especially his book Motivated Money is “emotional intelligence”. Many miss that as their interest is usually on the what to invest in. Is that what you’re referring to especially given some comments here:D? If so I demand a prize for being the first to get the answer right:).

Anne11, kierank and Big A like this.
  18. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I am all for meeting people and would love to meet our fellow PC members.
    Maybe not some of the ones over on the resi property side of the forum. They get feisty over there. Here in the shares geriatrics ward things are always a little calmer and more respectful.
    I do like to pick on @Nodrog though. :D

19. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I haven’t either. Always considered them mostly to be a mob of alcoholics that couldn’t be trusted:D.

DoggaPP, number 5 and kierank like this.
  20. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I won’t be calm for much longer if I keep getting referred to as a geriatric:mad::D. If I’m a geriatric what does that make @SatayKing:eek:?

Anne11 and kierank like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.