Perth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by samiam, 24th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Is there any recent thread on Perth?
    I know the prices are falling and yet to bottom out.
    but here is a question for a friend of mine who just got a permanent job in Perth & now looking for her first ppor
    which suburbs would you recommend and why? she is an asian and works in perth south. budget 450-500k.

2. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

She may aswell rent at first, get a feel for what areas she likes and would like to live and then buy from there.

Perth Market

Perthguy, MTR and samiam like this.
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Great thinking....she is thinking away from the heard.

Very good buying in areas like Cannington, Coolbellup, Belmont, Queens Park, Beckenham...all established areas. Offer lower amounts....now is the ideal time..I feel that in another 18 months things will be different in Perth.

JohnPropChat and samiam like this.
  4. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

thanks I will forward this thread to her

5. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Depends if she is looking for a house or a unit. There are certainly suburbs down south that have a high concentration of Asians.

6. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

thanks @mrdobalina
    she is looking for a house, big enough for kids to play. she is starting a family very soon!

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I would recommend that your friend rent for at least 12 months, get a feel for Perth and areas that may suit her lifestyle.

I am from Perth thinking of moving to Melb, and would be doing exactly the same

radson, Perthguy and samiam like this.
  8. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

thanks @MTR
    she thinks this is the best time for her to buy (to get loan) before the baby comes & drop in income (they will still manage with 1 1/2 income)

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

if servicing will be an issue in the near future then that is a different story.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

If she is starting a family, schools will eventually become important. The best public high schools in south of river suburbs are Willetton Senior High School and Rossmoyne Senior High School.

The feeder primary schools are generally good and well regarded. Some of the good ones: Rossmoyne PS, Oberthur PS, Burrendah PS, Rostrata PS.

However, houses in these areas are higher than $500k. Might still be useful info for your friend.

11. Zeehan

Zeehan Well-Known Member

Think about Success/Atwell and surrounds. Further from the city, but she is more likely to get somethng in her price range.

samiam likes this.
  12. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

13. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Like others have suggested, just rent first. Get a feel for some of the areas and then decide. I think there's still time to get a feel for the areas and throw out some low-ball offers before the market turns around.

Best public high schools SOR are Rossmoyne, Willetton (both have very high asian population) and Applecross. You pay more to live in these school catchment areas, but private school fees for the likes of Wesley, All Saints, Aquinas or Penrhos, are about $15-20k per child per year.. that's quite a chunk of mortage repayment... :)

Perthguy likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia