Perth Villa's - Renovation Question

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by madswolfe, 26th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. madswolfe

madswolfe Member

Hey Guys,

I've come across a couple of villa's in Perth that have tickled my fancy. I'm a first home buyer and know very little about the rules and restrictions that apply to them and what separates them from a house.

I am looking to find out what restrictions apply to renovations/rebuilds for properties that are designated as Villas (specifically Scarborough and neighbouring suburbs)

Are you able to tear them down and rebuild from scratch?
    Are there restrictions that you need to maintain a certain appearance that matches other adjacent villas?
    Do different Villa's have different rules or are there universal rules?

If anyone can direct me to a good resource or answer these questions it would be much appreciated.

*Specifically freestanding villas/townhouse

Last edited: 26th Jun, 2021
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

There will be some variety between them according to Strata By Laws and Owner Corporations which can vary from site to site.
    Internal renovations will be quite easy for freestanding villas but external works may be more problematic. A full tear and down and rebuild will involve many layers including Council permission as it may alter the amount of land the new dwelling covers etc

madswolfe likes this.
  3. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

madswolfe and thatbum like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia