Perth tradies referrals - DO YOU KNOW A GOOD TRADIE?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Stannis, 22nd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Stannis

Stannis Member

Hi Perthinians.

Not sure if we have rubbish tradesman compared to the rest of the country, but it would seem as though a lot of trades aren't even bothered to show up to quote a job.

Would be awesome if you knew a tradie that you have worked with and would recommend. I am pooling a list of trades (some pulled from PC already), to have 3 tradies to quote for each aspect of the reno.

Really looking for:
    Painter
    Floorsander
    Handyman
    Bricklayer
    Carpet installer
    Plasterer
    Renderer
    Builder

Looking to do a reno on a 3x1, median house so to speak. NOR.

Also, if you did use them for a job, please let us know how much the job cost and the scope, so those of us who haven't had a full internal paint done before can get an idea of how much it costs etc.

Thanks in advance guys, this is why I love PC.

Stannis

2. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

Are there any great referral websites in Australia? eg like Yelp for tradies?

I'm actually surprised there isn't more websites around home renovation and tradies reviews etc seeing that the market is now going negative and people are focusing more on renovations rather than sell and move etc.

Almost inclined to build something myself for the Australian market but feel I'm too far removed to understand whats going on, eg like YIP for renovations. May sound niche but there is a really well liked/trafficked website here in Brooklyn called www.Brownstoner.com that has an awesome following and is DIY just for one small area/niche of renovations etc.

Thoughts?