WA Perth Suburbs with good lifestyle aspects for young family

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Rocksteady, 26th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Rocksteady

Rocksteady Member

Hi All

Potentially looking at relocating to Perth for work and will be working around Jandakot area, looking for some recommendations for great areas for rentals not too far from work. However would be willing to travel for the right area. Price point up to $700-800 per week

Thanks in advance for input

2. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

Travel along the Kwinana Freeway starting from Jandakot.

Bull Creek, Winthrop, Willeton, Rosmoyne, Mt Pleasant etc. If you want the top end then can't go wrong with Applecross.

3. Cmelderis

Cmelderis Well-Known Member

That's a huge budget for rentals in Perth, you could rent a multi million dollar property for that or something decent for not much more than half that budget.....depends who's paying I suppose.....you or the company ;) I would recommend any suburbs along the coast or river and I am not sure how old your kid/s is/are but schools might need to be factored in also?

Rocksteady likes this.
  4. The Grinch

The Grinch Well-Known Member

For that amount of rent it would be cheaper to buy.

Rocksteady likes this.
  5. KB_

KB_ Active Member

All I will suggest is that you look north of Jandakot (not that you could spend $800/wk south of there) because the traffic coming into and out of Jandakot from the south is a nightmare.

Mount Pleasant/Applecross?

Edit: I was right, 4 properties for rent above $700 south of Jandakot on re.com.au :p

Cmelderis and Rocksteady like this.
  6. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

7. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

spoon likes this.
  8. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

26 Shea Grove, Leeming, WA 6149

I am a huge advocate of spending as little as necessary to gain maximum value. I would look at an option like this.. close to the shops, very quick to get onto the freeway via Farrington Rd, a Pool at home for those hot summer days and under budget..still a nice area but perhaps without the premium that suburbs like Applecross and Mt Pleasant come with.

Cmelderis and Rocksteady like this.
  9. Damo93

Damo93 Well-Known Member

25 Bass Road, Bull Creek, WA 6149

Another option.. again close to shops, freeway via South st and pool at home -lawn and pool maintenance included. Can’t go wrong with that

Rocksteady likes this.
  10. investoradam

investoradam Well-Known Member

Can vouch for applecross as being a really great area to live, the main residence are the nan and pops who brought there several decades ago, really quite and next to the river with easy access to public transport and highways.
    It’s filled with a mix of the new mansion and old traditional low set brick homes on large blocks with the Jakarta’s filling the skyline as you drive down the street

Rocksteady likes this.
  11. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Schooling is going to be a main factor if you have kids.

Most of the primary schools are great, but it's the high schools that need some careful selection. If you're kids are going to go private then it might not be such an issue.

My picks would be:
    close: Bull Creek, Bateman, Canningvale - housing will range from 60s/70s up to newish or renovated at that price point
    further but nicer: Mount Pleasant, Riverton, Shelley
    If you really want to be king of the castle for that price point you can go Piara Waters or Harrisdale 20 Gypsum Ave, Harrisdale, WA 6112 and use the money you save on sending high school kids to John Carey Baptist etc

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia